twenty-two

- Chapter Twenty-Two -
"You two are so disgustingly in love."

On April 1st, 2019, the Earth was destroyed in a cataclysmic event

On April 1st, 2019, the Earth was destroyed in a cataclysmic event. Billions of people were wiped out in a matter of minutes. Ironically, the seven survivors of the apocalypse were the very people who brought it on.

Energy thrummed from a dark, musty alleyway, creating a bright blue light from midair. Two women fell from the light, one of them wearing a black leather jacket and had curly hair, the other had strawberry-blonde locks and a fairly casual outfit, that consisted of sweats and a hoodie, what she had worn to break her boyfriend out of prison.

Both women groaned and turned from lying on their stomach to lying on their backs as they stared up at the blue light, which disappeared into thin air. The strawberry-blonde woman, Primrose turned her head to look at Allison, her eyes glancing down to the bandage plaster that covered her neck. Allison frowned slightly and pushed herself up, the bowling shoes they were both wearing clashed greatly with their outfits.

Thoroughly confused, the two of them walked down the street outside of the alleyway, looking for anyone and anything. Allison prodded Primrose on the shoulder and pointed to a restaurant. 'Stadtler's' it said. She nodded and the two of them pushed open the door to the restaurant, it looked like something straight of an old movie. A 60's movie to be exact. A bell rung with their arrival and every head turned to look at them, not so much Primrose, but Allison.

Primrose furrowed her eyebrows and looked around, the same as Allison before spotting a man pointing to a sign that read 'Whites only'. Allison couldn't exactly gasp with her bandaged throat, but that didn't stop the tears welling up in her eyes.

"You're sick." Prim spat at all of their disapproving stares and took Allison by the shoulder, guiding the both of them out of the restaurant, still confused as they strolled around the dark streets of...well, who knows where.

•*•*•*•*•

White heals clicked against the sidewalk as Primrose Armitage walked down the streets of 1963 Dallas two years later. Her cloaked pink swing dress bounced with every step she took, and her slicked back ponytail was swinging from side to side in the summer breeze. A small handbag was hanging from her shoulder as she tossed smiles to everyone she came across, wagging her fingers as a sign of greeting.

Here's the thing, two years ago, she was in a completely different timeline. She was in 2019, but then their whole world was threatened by an apocalypse and she had no choice but to time travel with her best friend, her boyfriend and their family. However the time travel went wrong and landed her and Allison Hargreeves in a dark alleyway in Texas, 1961 where racism and rights were set back decades.

It was horrible. She didn't know if any of the others were okay, alive even. Things just gradually got worse from there, she and Allison were chased down the street by some rowdy men who thought that harassing a woman would get them a good time, but they were wrong. The two sought refuge in a hairdressers shop where a group of women took them in and let them stay there until they got back on their feet.