prologue

Primrose Armitage was without a doubt the sweetest girl you will ever meet

Primrose Armitage was without a doubt the sweetest girl you will ever meet. Her parents raised her and her sister to always be polite in even the most unfortunate situations. The family's looks certainly fitted their descriptions, you would never see one of them without a smile on their face, the three women were perky redheads and the father was a kind-hearted brunette.

Aimee and Ronnie were both scientists working in the tech department of their corporation. That's how they met, both of them being interns at first and gradually moving up along the way, they had their first child on the 21st November 1989 and their second child on the 3rd July 1995. The two young girls were the light of their lives, but sadly there was only one person who would live to carry out the Armitage legacy.

The day was the 16th March 2012 and 22-year-old Primrose had just entered the science lab with her girlfriend, Violet, in hand. Pansy Armitage spotted her older sister and her partner almost immediately and sprinted over to them.

"You made it!" 16-year-old Pansy cheered and hugged her sister before hugging Violet. Today was the day their parents were testing their new invention, forcefields, something only heard about in supernatural stories or fairytales. They had worked for years to perfect their work and now they were testing it.

"Of course we made it, we wouldn't miss it." Primrose smiled at her little sister, following her towards where her parents were typing away on laptops, unable to wipe the smiles of joy off of their faces.

"Prim! Violet!" Ronnie brought them both into a hug, kissing his daughter on the forehead, Aimee doing the same. "Today we make history." He rubbed his hands together, going back to tapping away at his keyboard.

"I thought for a second you weren't going to come." The eldest Armitage female smiled gleefully, practically jumping for joy.

"There was traffic." Violet told them, shaking her head.

"Besides, the store can wait!" Prim claimed, looking around in awe at the lab, it never failed to amaze her, no matter how many times she had stepped foot in it.

"Well, we have about half an hour until we get it up and running." A co-worker of her parents clapped her on the shoulder and walked to their station, turning some dials and pressing some buttons.

"Want us to do a coffee run?" Violet offered, earning several nods and a chorus of 'yes'.

"Hot chocolate for me please." Pansy requested, playing a game on a spare laptop that was sat on a spare desk. The young adults nodded and set off.

"This is going to be awesome." The brunette said, pushing open the glass doors that led out into the street, heading towards the Starbucks that was just around the corner.