forty-six

- Chapter Forty-Six -
"Hurts like a bitch."

"WHY IS EVERYONE STARING AT US?"

"Because we look like the damn Village people just lost a fight." Diego replied to Klaus snappishly, looking back at his brother and snatching his hat from his head as the group of them walked through the quiet park where they had originally taken refuge after the fight with the Sparrows - Klaus wasn't exaggerating, everyone they passed gave them a very odd look.

Klaus immediately tried to get his hat back, nudging Prim out of the way slightly to reach Diego and practically jump on him to try and reach it. He didn't manage of course because Diego simply swapped the hat to his other hand and Klaus slid off of his brother in frustration. Primrose came and stood in the middle of them, holding Klaus to one side whilst Five reprimanded them.

"Okay, you know what? I need to go find Claire, I will catch up with you guys later." Allison said, holding a hand up to the two brothers who had been fighting a few seconds ago. Primrose looked around at the rest of the group, trying to decipher who was going to break the news.

She supposed it would be Five but he didn't seem to be in a rush to stop Allison from walking away, although he did look slightly concerned and looked back at Prim who raised her eyebrows. Five simply nodded at her, the both of them communicating through nothing but looks but eventually Prim just let the issue go and continued walking.

It turned out that Vanya was the one to speak out against Allison.

"Hey, Allison, no." She came walking from the middle of the group, up to the front where she approached Allison who had begun to walk away from them to go and find Claire. "First, let's get somewhere safe, clean up those cuts, and then we'll go find her."

"Yeah, I've got a search mission of my own to do but I want some well-earned rest and relaxation before it starts." Primrose mentioned, thinking of her family and how the hell she would react if she saw them alive, if she saw another version of herself. Happily married and perhaps a mother, that had always been her plan. "I gotta clean up this."

She pulled open the hole that had been made by the knife and then ripped open some more. Luckily when it close it just made a little slit in front of the wound so her whole abdomen wasn't exposed. But the group grimaced as she opened the hole in the dress so the wound was on show.

"Yeah, it hurts like a bitch." She admitted, letting go of the material before rubbing the area softly. Diego came by her side and rubbed her back a little as though trying to help with her pain, obviously it did nothing but Primrose still smirked a little at the gesture, finding it amusing.

"Man, I hate those guys." Luther said out of the blue and Primrose turned to him, raising her eyebrows before she followed his eyeline towards one of the large buildings in the city, a big poster of the Sparrow Academy hanging over the office windows.