forty-four

- Chapter Forty-Four -
"They are the Sparrows."

"I knew you'd show up eventually

"I knew you'd show up eventually." A voice came from the far left side of the room and Primrose turned her head, eyebrows furrowed at the familiarity of it before she saw Reginald Hargreaves stood alive before her, looking just has he had in 1963.

"Dad." Diego said at once, letting nothing more leave his mouth as they all just stared at him. He should be dead.

"You're alive." Luther said softly, lost in shock whilst he gaped at his living father.

"Why shouldn't I be?" Reginald asked, looking at Luther who stuttered out his answer as Primrose warily kept her gaze fixed onto the old man.

"Y-Yeah, you're right. I'm...I'm just happy that we're home and...together again." Was what Luther said and Primrose let her eyes travel across all the furniture of the house, she hadn't realised it at first but the colouring was slightly off than the colours the sofas had been when she had set foot in this very house.

"'Home?' This isn't your home." Reginald scoffed as Primrose looked at him again, pinching her eyebrows together in confusion before glancing to Diego who had the exact same expression.

"What are you talking about?" Allison voiced all of their thoughts. "This is the Umbrella Academy."

"Wrong again." Reginald said, peering at all of them smugly whilst they sceptically exchanged glances. Footsteps started to echo out from behind them and Primrose whirled around and gaped at the sight of three women, two men and an odd floating cube on the balcony of the room. "This is the Sparrow Academy."

The rest of the group on the floor below turned slowly to look up at what she was seeing, their faces were shrouded in shadow but their outlines were clear. The swish of Diego's knife was obvious behind her but Primrose had become cluelessly transfixed on the people up on the balcony.

"Dad, who the hell are these assholes?" Another voice said, not from the balcony but from right in front of Primrose and she snapped her gaze to the figure that had walked in front of her. Her eyes widened considerably more at the sight of who was in front of her.

He stared her right in the eyes after he had glanced around at the others and because she was right in front of him and he was a couple of inches taller than her, it was incredibly intimidating. She took a small step backwards and he narrowed his eyes slightly at her, smirking the tiniest bit at her fear but still in a haze of confusion at why she was staring at him like she had seen a ghost.

"Shit."

"Ben." Klaus uttered, sounding incredulous and disbelieving; Primrose was glad that she wasn't the only one seeing him in front of her. Alive and well. Definitely not the dead man he had once been and who Primrose had come to know very vaguely. She was still staring at him and willed herself to stop but those eyes had trapped her in place.