nine

- Chapter Nine -
"It won't last forever! Now go!"

So Primrose eventually found Klaus, he had his headphones on and was dancing around to some music playfully

So Primrose eventually found Klaus, he had his headphones on and was dancing around to some music playfully. Just the sight of it made her smile fondly. She honestly did not know where she would be without Klaus, the nine months when he was in rehab were hell for her, she was alone every night, going to bed without saying goodnight to someone. No one to distract her from her mind.

When he noticed her standing in the doorway, he grabbed her hand and pulled her in to dance, until he got bored and announced that he was taking a bath. It was rather abrupt but Prim let him go nevertheless. Since she was fired from her job, she took the time that she had exploring the rest of the house. It was an amazing house, really, it was. Too bad their childhoods were ruined.

"Primrose?"

She turned to see Diego and smiled warmly at him, waving as she made her way over. "Hi." She greeted.

"You feeling okay? You've been a bit...off today." He told her as they continued to walk around the house aimlessly.

"Yeah, it's just...I got fired." She huffed and he turned to her with raised eyebrows whilst they descended some stairs. "It was some stupid stuff about me skipping work, which yeah, I did, but it was for a good cause. I think. Whatever, my manager was being a jerk, and she fired me." She sighed. "It was all I had left of Pansy."

"Oh, well, I'm uh, sorry." He sympathized. Prim waved it off and let the small smile climb back onto her face. "Really, uh, y'know that loses you some innocence points." He teased, a giant smirk on his face.

"Well, I still own a lot of pink and I'm still named after a flower." She reminded him and he nodded in acceptance. The two of them continued to walk next to each other in a mix of awkward and comfortable silence as they looked around the house. New parts that Prim had never seen before and old parts that Diego hadn't seen in a while.

They walked into another hallway and Primrose opened her mouth to say something but the unexpected sound of a gun cocking caught her attention and both their heads turned to see two figures in creepy child masks and blue suits, holding loaded guns. As the two adults without masks looked at them in confusion, the other two started to fire their guns.

Diego's eyes grew twice the size as he pushed her down the opposite end of the hallway, running straight after her. "Go, go, go." He muttered and threw two knifes at them, but they ricocheted off of their metal masks and back on the floor. The two of them managed to hide behind a corner, breathing heavily whilst footsteps approached.

Diego turned the corner before she could warn him and began to fight the bigger person in the bear mask. He threw punches and the bear defended himself both of them yelling.

"Cha-Cha, shoot him!" The man, now clear because of his voice, ordered and Prim peeked round the corner to see the one in a dog mask holding a gun up to the fighting pair. "Get out of the way, dumbass!" Cha-Cha shouted.