forty-five

- Chapter Forty-Five -
"Nice try, shortcake."

The fight had been going on for about ten minutes and already, Primrose could tell that they had lost or were well on their way to losing

The fight had been going on for about ten minutes and already, Primrose could tell that they had lost or were well on their way to losing. Luther was getting beaten up in the living room, Allison was fighting the raven lady and the deformed man in the parlour, Klaus had disappeared off somewhere and Diego had a weird vengeance for the cube. He was throwing knives at it and asking who it's daddy was, once again way too passionate about anything.

Not even an hour in their new universe and they were engaged in a fight...and losing drastically. Primrose was getting chased by one of the birds from an inhabitant of the Sparrow Academy, running through the upstairs corridors and trying not to hurt the bird as she covered her head with her hands in a panic. It had been an innocent enough deflection that had resulted in this.

The lady was about to hit Allison with her stick, Primrose stopped her, bird lady sent a raven after Primrose. Now the woman was no help because she was running away from the bird and not actually helping anything except herself. She managed to duck into one of the many bedrooms and slam the door behind her, backing away as the bird began scratching.

For a simple moment, Prim was safe to breathe and take a peaceful second away from the chaos outside of the room. It looked to be a typical room, white bedsheets with grey walls and simplistic art nailed to the wall. There was no vanity desk, just a wardrobe and a chest of drawers. At the sight of boxer shorts on the bed, Prim knew that this was one of the boy's rooms.

She grimaced at the sight of the underwear before looking around the room once more, not wanting to snoop too much. But that room was her safe haven for the time being, away from the birds that threatened her from the outside. It wasn't long until the scratching descended into normal silence and all that could be heard was grunting and yelling from down the stairs.

Primrose didn't want to risk getting attacked by any birds again, but she knew she couldn't just hide away for the whole time whilst her friends were getting pummelled. It was so comforting to be trapped inside a peaceful bedroom. A bedroom that was peaceful, until a bird flew in from the window in the corner and made Prim scream as she ran back up to the door and yanked it back open.

The hallway was quite long, but Primrose ran it quickly, getting onto the corridors with the balconies overlooking the parlour. She heard Allison grunting, the Sparrows talking but she just kept running, looking back at the bird and squeezing her eyes shut when she decided what she had to do.

"I'm sorry, birdie." She apologised and stuck her hand out forcefully, encasing the animal in purple energy before she sent it flying down into the parlour with her control, squawking but safe inside of the purple bubble.

Diego ran straight past her, not stopping as he chased the cube and flipped over the stairs after it. Primrose watched with her mouth agape before shaking her head at him and rushing off to go and help the others. She bolted down the stairs, running quickly into the living room where Luther and Marcus were facing off and the Sparrows surrounding them were stood watching.