thirty-eight

- Chapter Thirty-Eight -
"No, Prim, you need to rest."

"Primrose

"Primrose..."

The noise was a muffled buzzing, a small hum among the loud ringing that penetrated her ears and made her face scrunch up in pain as she lay crumpled on the floor, looking up at a blurry white ceiling but also up at a figure that was looking down at her. Her mind was a mess of too many different things at once; the loud noises in her ears, the numbness of her body, the lack of sight and the little knowledge she had of what was happening. She couldn't even tell if she was breathing, only hoped that she was.

A small pressure on her neck told her that her bodily feeling was coming back to her as the figure in front of her leaned down closer to her and turned their head as if to listen to her breathing rhythm. The buzzing noise came again, barely distinguishable as the figure returned to its previous position looking down at her. She stirred, her head moving the smallest bit but then it stopped when she felt a trickle of liquid in her ears and then felt a small blocking of her nose.

"Primrose..." The voice was clearer, a feminine one. She tried to speak but it was only a small sort of groan that came out and the figure that was slowly becoming clearer as her vision adjusted to everything let out a breath of relief. "Thank God."

"Vanya?" Primrose mumbled wearily from her spot on the floor, her body now beginning to function normally as she attempted to sit up but stopped herself when she felt how weak her muscles were.

"Yeah, it's me." Vanya smiled weakly, kneeling before her and looking perfectly fine despite the electric chair behind her; Primrose looked past her and towards the chair with furrowed brows before she remembered what had happened and let out a small noise of realisation.

She supported her weight with one hand whilst she lifted her other to her nose where she immediately felt blood just above her upper lip, she wrinkled her nose up and wiped it away with no extra pain so her arm was now stained with her blood. Then she remembered the liquid she felt in her ear and raised a hand to there, feeling a pool of blood in there too and she tilted her head to the side slightly, hitting her other side to attempt to force the blood out.

Unfortunately, she had forgotten about how she had fallen over and hit her head on the ground as well as the amount of energy it had been affected by and she groaned in pain after hitting her head on the other side.

"You're okay." Vanya reassured, helping Primrose as she tried to stand. She managed too, but she didn't look as put together as she did when she came in; instead she was covered in blood and a bit dizzy as they started to make their way out of the small room together. "You're okay."

Primrose smiled tiredly as Vanya supported half her weight whilst they made their way out of the room and down the corridor, the smaller of the two tried not to go too fast since Prim was still a little bit weak but she was attempting to go quick too because Diego, Klaus and Allison were sitting up on the floor with their eyes wide and lit up at the sight of them.