twenty-three

- Chapter Twenty-Three -
"Go to hell."

"In the barrel, you're a pickle

"In the barrel, you're a pickle. In the gold mine, you're a nickel. You're the tack inside my shoe. Yeah, I can do without you."

Primrose sat comfortably curled up on the sofa in the living room with a cup of tea in her hand. Calamity Jane was the film on the TV for that day so she was enjoying her time watching it whilst Ray and Allison were at their Civil Rights group. They had all agreed that it would be best for Primrose to stay out of the group meetings, since she couldn't really understand their oppression at the moment and they didn't really want anyone to get offended with someone of her complexion were to walk in the shop.

She was a bit upset about that for a couple of weeks since she wanted to help as much as she could with their rights but she got over it pretty quickly when Allison would tell her everything that they talked about after they had gotten home. After her failed work interview earlier in the day, the wallowing started and she curled up in front of the TV comfortably.

Steam was wafting up from the freshly made tea in her mug as Calamity and Wild Bill danced around the Tavern. Prim saw it as a talent that she knew all the words from the songs and could practically quote it all off by heart, of course she could also quote multiple other musicals off by heart but has to refrain from singing them under her breath in front of Ray since some of them had not been made in 1963.

You might've thought that she'd be used to living in a different decade by now, but nope. Just the other week, she had talked about Queen and Freddie Mercury in front of Ray. He had looked at her confused whilst Allison kicked her from under the table. She was wearing heels so Primrose had acquired a bruise which she showed Allison in annoyance.

The woman had only laughed and told her to be more careful.

She had tried, she really had, but it was so difficult to not go around singing ABBA whenever she had one of the songs stuck in her head. If it were the 80s they had been transported to, she wouldn't have had a problem but the 60's were just too early for her to make culture references to.

It was good that it wasn't the 80's or 90's in a way, because then she would've had to stay away from her living family which would probably be impossible for her to do so. But on the plus side, she could've gotten rid of Harold Jenkins before he managed to single-handedly light the fuse on Vanya, the ticking time bomb of 2019.

It wasn't like she was angry at Vanya, of course she wasn't. How could she be? It wasn't her fault. In hindsight, Luther had a big part in it. Prim knew it was unfair to blame him, but she wasn't really, just saying that he could be a contributing factor. Especially the fact that he locked Vanya up in that thing and sparked more and more of her anger and anguish which lead to the destruction of the Academy and in turn, Grace and Pogo's death.

Still, she was angry. Not necessarily at him, but at the whole situation. It was all one big mess of madness that she she hadn't wrapped her head around because it was really just one situation happening after the other. She remembered shouting at Luther when he had shown her Vanya locked in the thing and then no one had helped her to open it, it was like dozens of pencils scribbling around her brain at once.