thirty-one

- Chapter Thirty-One -
"You know?"

- Chapter Thirty-One -"You know?"

"Diego, this is a setup." Luther told them for probably the fifth time that day. Primrose, Diego, Vanya and Luther were all at Elliot's on the morning of the 20th November 1963 and Luther was going on and on about how he didn't trust the letter they had gotten from the elderly driver the previous day.

Primrose had gone home soon after that had happened, promising Diego to come around the next day so they could actually talk and catch up with each other when it wasn't about the end of the world of the siblings father. Except Ray had arrived at the house again when she got home so she and Allison spent a good couple of hours talking to him about what was actually wrong before she had gone to bed, making it later for when she woke up and therefore later when she got to Elliot's with windswept hair.

Still it seemed Luther had held off on his complaining until she got there, lucky her. She didn't know why Vanya was there with them but it was a pleasant surprise to see the woman there when she had ascended the stairs up to the balcony to see the three siblings. Diego had given her a charming smile, Luther had merely nodded whilst he scanned over the letter and now they were discussing it as Diego got ready to go out.

"Maybe." Diego replied to Luther's claim that the dinner was a set-up as he pulled on a button up shirt over a black t-shirt. "But we should go anyway."

"Says the guy who's already been stabbed once this week." Luther retorted with a roll of his eyes and Primrose winded her eyes in shock, whirling around to face Diego.

"You were stabbed?" She asked, her mouth falling agape as she gave him a once over and he began buttoning his shirt. Diego shrugged and lifted his shirt where a small bandage was on his abdomen and Prim shook her head exasperatedly.

"No big deal." He reassured casually and she scoffed out a laugh, smiling slightly amusedly at him. "Plus, there's no need to worry, me and him are gonna have words."

"Yeah, I've also got a couple of things to say." Primrose scowled at the back of the paper that Luther was holding. "I haven't forgotten how we just mulled over the fact that your dad killed my parents but you know...it's no big deal." She shrugged bitterly and Vanya put a hand on her shoulder, rubbing it slightly in comfort.

Luther glanced between her and Diego before looking solely at Vanya. "Would you tell them that they're nuts?"

"I think we should go." Vanya shrugged her shoulders, taking her hand off of Prim's shoulder and settling it back in her lap. Primrose smiled at her then to Luther, resting her case.

"See?" Diego murmured, giving Luther a look as he continued with his button up.

"Vanya." Luther said disbelievingly, looking at the woman with wide and incredulous eyes. "Of all people, you should hate dad the most. He isolated you from the rest of the family, kept you hopped up on pills and he brainwashed you into thinking you had no powers." He finished.