thirteen

- Chapter Thirteen -
"Maybe if you would've listened to me, it wouldn't hurt."

Klaus and Primrose did not stay in the car

Klaus and Primrose did not stay in the car. The two of them left it shortly after Diego did, following behind him up two staircases. He was ready to launch around the corner with one of his knives when they approached from behind, disrupting his power pose.

"So, what exactly is the plan here, big guy?" Klaus asked him sluggishly, looking at him lazily.

"I told you to wait in the car." Diego replied, glancing back at Primrose who stood to the side of her friend. "Both of you." He added, the strawberry-blonde giving a slight roll of her eyes.

"Yeah, but you also told me that licking a nine-volt battery would give me pubes." The man with the alcohol bottle said and Prim softly hit Diego's arm as he began to smirk slightly at the memory before he turned his face to his brother and his friend.

"We were eight." He stated and Klaus shrugged, beginning to walk forward onto the corridor, but the other two adults pulled him back. As much as Primrose wanted to get these guys for torturing Klaus, the man himself being seen by them, whilst drunk, was not a good idea.

"For once in your life," His brother started after making lots of protests, grabbing Primrose very softly by the arm as well as he began to lead them back down the stairs. "I need you to listen to me, okay? Now, go back to the car. If I don't come out in two minutes, that means, I'm probably dead."

"You do realize that I can literally protect you, right?" Prim asked, staring at him disbelievingly.

"That happens, go get help." He continued, ignoring the woman, but sparing her a glance. "Okay?"

Klaus sighed and reluctantly agreed as his brother patted him on the shoulder and winked before going back up the stairs. He didn't get very far until his arm was grabbed by Primrose, he turned to her with raised eyebrows, glancing down at their contact before looking back up at her face.

"If you won't let me come, then, just be careful, okay? I'm not losing anyone else." She was deadly serious and he could tell, so he retreated down a couple of steps and held her shoulders tightly.

"I'll make it back." He promised her. "I promise you, I'll make it back." Their eye contact was held for a moment until Prim nodded hesitantly, giving him the go ahead. He remained still for a second, just staring at her until he continued up the stairs slowly.

Primrose and Klaus remained at the bottom of the stairs, ignoring Diego's orders to go back to the car. It was only a minute until they heard gunfire and rushed back up the stairs. Klaus grabbed his brother and threw him back into Primrose who scanned him for injuries, turns out he had gotten shot in the arm.

"Diego." She reprimanded as he groaned in pain, as she put her hands over his wound to try and heal it, but it wouldn't work with the gunshots being fired behind her and the bullet still lodged in the wound.