twenty-one

- Chapter Twenty-One -
"I'm in."

Luther and Allison soon returned and the first thing that the former did was jump straight into action

Luther and Allison soon returned and the first thing that the former did was jump straight into action. "Alright, where's Five?" He asked and the three that were with him before exchanged glances until Diego spoke up.

"He left." He said and he was honest, after Kenny's mother asked him to join the party, he just up and left, disappearing without telling anyone where he was going.

"Oh for the love of...where'd he go?" He asked, looking around at the three adults who were left with him.

"He didn't tell us." Primrose frowned, looking at the seat where Five was once sat, when she looked back up, Klaus was holding some popcorn out to her, a small grin on his face, she smiled and took it, throwing it into the air and high-fiving her friend when it landed in her mouth.

"Well, we're not waiting around for him. The concert starts in 30 minutes." Luther said and they nodded.

"All right, so what's the plan?" Diego stepped forward, looking at his brother, who hesitated and started to stammer over his words.

"I, think, we, uh...we go to the Icarus Theatre." He said finally and Prim rolled her eyes, that was probably about 12% of a plan, better than 11% but still.

"That's a location, not a plan." Diego said and Luther opened and closed his mouth a couple of times, looking for the right words. "What? Is that all you got?"

Luther paused and Diego continued. "Look, you wanna be number one, fine, but you're gonna have to get us on the same page, because right now, we're all over the place." He spat harshly.

"You're right." His brother nodded. "We need a plan."

And like it was all in slow motion, Primrose's gaze drifted to the doors of the bowling alley and men in masks with guns appeared, she reached for Diego and Klaus, pulling them down as the gunfire started.

"Get down!" Luther shouted and they all ducked behind counters and barricades.

Glass shattered all over the place, along with the metal bullets hitting the wooden floors, creating loud thuds to go with the popping of the gunfire.

"Who the hell are these guys?" Diego shouted to his siblings, taking a knife out of his pocket.

"Maybe they're here for Kenny's birthday." Klaus shrugged.

"Not helping, Klaus." Primrose called out to him, clenching her fists as a vibrant glow emitted from them, her eyes grew a violet colour and so did her hair. Just as she got ready to pop over the side of the counter, Diego grabbed her arm, pulling her back down.

"You're not going up there." He said, shaking his head whilst staring right into her eyes.

"I'm your best shot." She smiled and jumped up, holding her hands out as a purple sheath blocked the bullets from coming anywhere near the family, a few ones coming in through the purple, but the ones that got close to Prim's body bounced right off.