forty-three

- Chapter Forty-Three -
"Welcome home."

"Diego screwed us both over, but I know that we can be your family-"

Five panted heavily as he slammed into the wooden wall of the barn right next to the open door as Primrose spoke, no gunshots rattling around the ranch anymore and no one lay dead on the floor like they previously had been. He quickly patted himself to make sure he had jumped time correctly, it had been the only thing he could think of to do once The Handler had come in and shot his siblings and himself dead.

It was a miracle it had worked considering that was the first time he'd tried to go back just mere seconds instead of a big time skip. He glanced over to the middle of the barn where his strawberry-blonde friend was trying to talk Lila out of killing them which was what the other girl was most likely trying to do.

"- just like these guys became mine...if you just let us."

The Handler appeared in the doorway, gun in hand and ready to start shooting all of them but Five was ready this time; He lunged forward and grabbed the gun off of her, hearing her gasp as he wrestled the weapon out of her hand and then pointed it at her whist she raised her hands in surrender and the rest of the adults in the barn all turned to look at them.

"It's true, isn't it?" Lila was the first to speak, taking the blade away from Primrose's chest and a little sigh of relief escaped her but she kept her eyes warily on the blonde stylish woman who stared back at Lila. "What Five said."

The Handler only glanced towards Five, most likely in fury of her failed plan.

"Answer me! Is it true?" Lila asked louder, shouting.

"Well-" The Handler began to say, hands still raised in surrender but a man who looked similar to the one that the group had wrapped in a carpet and burned stepped out from behind her with a gun also in hand and started firing.

Primrose flinched at the sound, her eyes widening at the blood that spurted out of The Handler's body as she grunted softly and her mouth fell open in shock of being shot from behind. The woman fell to the floor sideways, blood spilling out of the side of her mouth slowly whilst Primrose took a small step backwards despite being nowhere near the body.

A case had been dropped beside the Handler's body from where she had put her hands up in surrender and Primrose caught it in her gaze right as the same time Lila had and both girls took a running start towards it.

Prim was close, hearing Luther's warning yell about the case but as soon as she felt the small tip of a blade at her back and attempted to run faster out of the risk of getting stabbed, she was knocked off of her feet by a hard force and a loud yell of 'no!'. Her back hit the hard floor and she grunted as a body fell on top of her and she looked up to be met by Diego's eyes looking into her own.