Chapter 11: Sold My Soul To The Devil

Recap:

"I will. I am only worried for your heath, E. You are new to the world of magic- you only discovered your ability to conjure up spells a few months ago." He gave me another concerned look.

I had to do this for my deceased mother. Not only would it keep the magic realm safe, it would keep the humans in the world safe. I had to do everything in my power as the Chosen One to stop the chaos and mayhem that the dark blooded witch and poltergeist hybrid would cause. It was my job to keep the magical beings and non-magical creatures safe no matter the cost.  

 "As long as we are in this together, as long as we have each other's backs, I will be fine and so will you." I took a deep breath. 

"Let the games begin." Jax smirked, his eyes showing troublesome glint. 

[Emma Alonso]

"I better go. Tell your father I said 'hello.'" Jax said.

"Ditto." I smiled and watched him teletransport out of my room.

"Emma!" My father's voice rang through the hall.

"Yes, dad?" My feet had found themselves in the kitchen where his voice emerged from.

"Was there someone in your room earlier?" He questioned.

"A-Andy was here! We were... studying for an exam!" The lie spilled out of my mouth before I could think about mu situation further.

"Alright then. You better get some sleep to be focused for school tomorrow." Thankfully, he bought my lie and headed to his room for the night.

My phone made a sound signaling that I had received a message. A smile graced my face when I read what was on the screen.

Andy was back from vacation.

Too engrossed with the fact thar my best friend was finally back, I didn't realize another presence lurking behind me.

"Well, isn't that sweet? Your best friend Andy is back. I wonder what terrifying things I can do to her," The voice said mockingly," I could even kill her."

"What do you want?" I grit my teeth at the cloaked woman. She no longer took the form of my deceased mother. She was wearing her very own form; dark red beady eyes and pasty white skin stretched over her fragile looking bones. She was anything but weak and fragile- she was dangerous, capable of ending thousands of lives with the snap of her finger.

"I will not kill her as long as you follow my every command." She grinned sadistically, showing several rows of sharp and pointy teeth.

"Never." I said, shocked at the steadiness of my voice.

"That's too bad, you know? I can just end her life with the flick of my wrist," she smirked and raised a hand.

"No, wait!" I interrupted her.

"I'm listening." She grinned, knowing that she had one the battle.

I couldn't let Andy die because of my reckless actions. She deserved a life where she could fall in love, get married and have children. She had to be left out of this situation.

I swallowed and parted my lips to speak,"I will obey your every command."

I had willingly sold my soul to the devil.

~~~~~

Hey. Sorry for disappearing off the Earth without giving you guys a message or notification of my whereabouts. I am truly sorry for this chapter (It sucks so bad that I want to bang my head across the table.) My schedule has been busy with exams and for that, I am so grateful that you guys have been so patient and have not been hounding me for updates. Thank you so much for staying with me despite the now slow updates.

-Lil.