Chapter 2.5 : Through Jax's Eyes

[Jax Novoa]

I smiled as I sent Emma a message.

Look out the window.
-Jax.

A minute later, I saw her look out the window and a smile formed on her face. She disappeared a moment and opened the door of her house. I handed her the roses I bought for her and if it was even possible, her smile grew even bigger.

"Thanks for the roses! It was extremely sweet of you!"

"It wasn't a problem." I gave her a lopsided grin.

Suddenly, her phone gave off a noise and she looked down at it. I looked down at her and saw that she was struggling to keep her tears in.

I snatched her phone out of her hands and read the text message on her phone. I felt myself clench my teeth and restrained myself from throwing her phone across the room.

I wasn't just angry. I was furious.

Instead, I found my way out of her house and slammed the door behind me. Before I could teleport myself to another location, Emma ran to catch up to me.

"Where are you going?"

"Nothing you need to worry about, Emma." I grinded out through my clenched jaw.

"Come on Jax! Tell me what's wrong!" She shouted.

Maybe it was because of my anger and jealousy but the next thing I knew, I told her what had been going on in my mind.

"Do I have to remind you that Daniel Miller was the boy who broke your heart?"

I didn't let her speak one word as I continued my rant.

"Here you are one second away from texting him back like your life depended on it! That's really pathetic Emma."

I stopped once I saw her face. It was filled with so much sorrow and despair.

"Look, E. All I'm saying that it's strange for Daniel to text you after three whole weeks of ignoring you. Ask yourself, is it really worth it to pine after someone who is a hundred miles away and barely tries to keep in touch with his ex-girlfriend? Think about it, E. I only want what's best for you."

A moment passed before she responded.

"I guess your right Jax. It's just hard to let go of someone you have been with for an entire year."

I smiled and brought her into my chest for a hug.

"I'll always be here for you, E."

She smiled back and hugged me tighter.

"And I will always be here for you." She stood on the tip of her toes and gave me a kiss on the side of my cheek.

Maybe it was because I liked her. Maybe it was because I felt sorrow for her.  Maybe it was because I wanted her to forget about the golden boy, Daniel Miller. But the next thing I knew, I pulled Emma in and kissed her.

Emma Alonso was different from other girls as Iridium High. She wasn't like Maddie Van Pelt, Katie Rice, or Sophie Johnson and she was definitely not like her best friend, Andi Cruz. Emma Alonso was just different from all the other girls at Iridium High and that's why I liked her.

She was just unique.

Emma Alonso was one of a kind and that's what started my attraction towards her.

~

Merry Christmas! I hope all of you are having a blast celebrating with your friends and family. I hope you enjoyed reading what was going through Jax's mind!

As of now, I am on winter break and hopefully, I can give you guys more frequent updates!

Question: Would you prefer shorter or longer chapters? Short chapters will mean that updates will be FASTER. Longer updates mean that the wait for updates will be LONGER.

-Lil :)