Chapter 7: Just Listen

A/N: Hey. Let me start out by saying that you guys are the best readers that anyone can ask for! So far, this book has 1000+ views and I couldn't have done it without you guys!

Winter break ended yesterday, so updates won't be as frequent and I apologize for the upcoming delays.

So yeah, that's all I have to rant about.

Has anyone read the book, "Just Listen," by Sarah Dessen? That's where I got the name for this chapter, haha. It's such a phenomenonal book and I think some of you guys will like it!

Recap:

"A mother would do anything to help her only child." She chuckles at my shocked expression.

"Mother?" I utter in disbelief with my eyes widened to the size of golfballs.

~
[Emma Alonso]

"You know, Emma dear, the way that vein is popping out of your forehead is seriously starting to worry me." She chuckles.

"How can you be my mother?" I asked in confusion.

"Simple, dear. The wizard we know as 'Sir' banished me from the human world and sent me to limbo. He sent your father under a spell, making him think that I had passed away." She replies.

"You mean Jax's father?" I scrunch my eyebrows up in confusion.

"Yes." She confirms my thoughts.

"Did Jax know about this?" I ask, wondering if he knew what hid father had done to my mother.

"You should ask him, my sweet child. I have to go now." She tele-transported away, but not before I saw her eyes.

My father always claimed that I received my warm chocolate brown eyes from my mother.

Except, the woman claiming to be my mother did not have brown eyes.

Instead, her eyes were the color of scarlet, similar to the color of blood.

A/N: I have some good news- I have finally overcome my writer's block and have decided that there might not be voting polls anymore.

At least, not for this chapter. I actually planned this one out and I am happy with where it's going.

I'm sorry that it's short, but there's not much you can do when teachers load their students up with homework enough to feed a humongous hippo.

Thanks for reading,

Lil.