Chapter 10: What Are You?

Recap: 

"She was alive. I saw her with my very own eyes," My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "But her eyes were red."

"Listen to me, E. Whatever that thing is out there, she is not your mother. Whatever you saw was not one of us, whatever you saw was not a magical being." Jax's grip tightened around me and my face was propped against his chest.

"What you saw was very dangerous to all of us, the magical beings. Be careful, E. What you saw is not good. What you saw was the definition of pure evil." 

[Emma Alonso] 

"What do you mean?" i furrowed my eyebrows. 

"She is not like us,' He frowned, "She's different." 

"What do you mean?" I inquired. 

Jax mouthed words silently and I assumed that he was conjuring a spell. Not a minute later, a brown leatherbound book appeared. It was Hex.

"Look, E." The book floated erupt in midair and flipped several pages until an extremely yellowed page came to view. Judging by the coloring of the page, the particular section Jax was trying to show me had not be touched in decades. The writing was not typed- it was hand written. 

Hybrids (n) 

Hybrids are the cross-breeding of two mythical creatures. They can be of any of the creatures in the Magical Realm and are extremely dangerous. Unlike most mythical creatures in the Magical Realm, hybrids inherit two genes from their creators which makes them twice as strong as the average abilities a one-gene creature can obtain. The most common hybrids are- a ghost and a necromancer or a witch/warlock and a serpent. However the most rare and most dangerous are the poltergeist and a dark blooded witch.

Dark Blooded Witch and Poltergeist Hybrid (n) 

The dark blooded witch and poltergeist cross-breed is the most rarest and most treacherous mix of two mystical creatures alive. A dark-blooded witch is similar to a fallen angel or demon- simply a dark-blooded witch is a magic possessing being that has strayed too far from the right path- hence the words 'dark blooded.' A poltergeist is known to be a 'bad ghost' meaning that these kinds of 'ghosts' like to cause chaos and mayhem wherever and whenever they please. This cross- breed has many tricks up his/her own sleeve.

The Darkblooded Witch and Poltergeist hybrid has the abilities of reaching to a magical being's dream by using forbidden methods such as astral projection, mimicking a dead one's appearance and can also phase through walls. They practice dark magic- something that has been banned for centuries. This type of hybrid loves to cause grief and mourning to others; they love the idea of death. They can choose whichever form they want but will most likely pick a form of a deceased (dead) loved one. Nothing can give away their appearence except by the flashing scarlet color of their eyes. However, this only occurs when a cross-breed has let their guard down for a short period of time.

 "That's what you saw," Jax looked conflicted, "I'm sorry." 

"S-she's not alive," I frowned, "She's dead." 

"I'm sorry, E. There is no way to bring back the dead." 

My throat constricted but I refused to give my eyes the satisfaction of crying. I couldn't feel anything- I was one hundred percent numb. My mother was never alive.

"Then, why did she tell me that your father had done that?" I closed my eyes, keeping the tears from escaping.

"He did commit that sin, E." He looked away from my eyes, "Your mother was strong enough to beat him. However, years later, she passed away."

"How do we stop her?" I asked, referring to the creature that impersonated my mother.

"It's not safe, E. You could get hurt." Jax gave me a concerned look. 

I ignored his statement and took a deep breath, "Will you stand by my side through this?"

"I will. I am only worried for your heath, E. You are new to the world of magic- you only discovered your ability to conjure up spells a few months ago." He gave me another concerned look.

I had to do this for my deceased mother. Not only would it keep the magic realm safe, it would keep the humans in the world safe. I had to do everything in my power as the Chosen One to stop the chaos and mayhem that the dark blooded witch and poltergeist hybrid would cause. It was my job to keep the magical beings and non-magical creatures safe no matter the cost.  

 "As long as we are in this together, as long as we have each other's backs, I will be fine and so will you." I took a deep breath. 

"Let the games begin." Jax smirked, his eyes showing troublesome glint. 

A/N: Okay, sorry for a day over a week late of this update. I hope this makes up for that short chapter I wrote last time and I hope that the length of this chapter makes up for the rather long wait. I have a midterm next month so updates with become fewer and I am so sorry for that. If I can, I will update again tomorrow or over the weekend. To make myself clear, I promise you that I will not give up on writing this book, no matter how long it takes. Thank you for being such wonderful and dedicated readers.   

-Lil.