Chapter 3: Stirring Up Trouble

[Emma Alonso]

It was a dark and misty night. The moon was full and the gentle breeze whisked by. The snap of a twig caught my attention and I whipped my face around. I expected to find someone behind me, but there was absolutely nothing. I closed my eyes and sighed- I was overreacting and because of that I was extremely jumpy.

"Emma Alonso..." A voice hissed.

My eyes shot open and I frantically looked around. Behind me stood a woman in a heavy black cloak. The hood was pulled over her face so I couldn't tell who she was.

"Emma..." She hissed again.

"W-who are you?" I stuttered.

"That is for me to know and you to find out..." The cloaked woman cackled.

"What do you want from me?" I asked her nervously.

"I do not want anything from you, child...I am simply here to give you a warning..." She spoke.

"You have two lovers...You must be careful, my dear...One will be your protector and the other one will be your destroyer... Be careful, Emma...The ones that are closest to you may be the most evil..." She began to fade in and out.

"Wait! What do you mean? Who is the protector and who is the destroyer?" I asked.

"Heed my warning child...and be careful!" She answered back.

"You didn't answer my question!" I yelled but it was too late; the mysterious woman was gone.

Everything began to grow bright and the blinding light turned white.

I shot up from my covers and my heart thudded against my chest. Sweat covered by entire body and I felt adrenaline pumping through my veins.

Being paranoid, my eyes wandered around my bedroom until they landed on the mirror on my dresser. I gasped and my heart thudded twice as hard as before. On the mirror, were words carved in dark red lipstick and I instantly knew my dream wasn't just a dream.

Be careful my child, watch both your lovers- Daniel Miller and Jax Novoa. One of them will protect you will their life and one will destroy you.

I looked at the alarm clock next to my bed and saw that it was exactly midnight. I whipped out my cellphone and texted someone who I knew I could depend on.

To: Jax Novoa

I need your help- it's important.

-Emma.

I didn't know who this mysterious woman was but somehow, I knew that I could trust her. I also didn't know who was my protector and who was supposed to be my destroyer.

My phone gave a 'ding' sound and I looked down at my phone and my lips turned up in a small smile.

I'll be there soon- hang on tight.

-Jax.

I wouldn't be able to find out who my protector and destroyer were alone. All I knew was that two heads were better than one. I hoped that Jax would help me and I hoped that we would figure out who my destroyer was before it was too late.

~~~

Hey! I hope you enjoyed this update! Please don't forget to vote and comment! :)

-Lil.