Chapter Thirty

I tried my best to keep tears from falling on my way home. It was just too hard.

It started storming when I got on the highway. My windshield wipers weren't too great at the moment either. Fuck.

I pulled over on the side of the highway and started crying. I cried and cried. I rubbed my eyes and saw that there was a semi going out of control. I tried to start my car up, but it wasn't working.

The semi..........

* * *

I opened my eyes a little and saw blurs of people in the room I was in.

"She's opening her eyes." I couldn't make out the persons voice.

I think it was a girl.

"Go get the nurse," another said.

"No. We should let her wake up first," another said.

How many people were in here?

I opened my eyes all the way and let them adjust.

When they were fully open I saw at least ten people in my room.

"Bailee, you're okay. Thank God." Sam came over to me and kissed my forehead.

"I'm okay." I smiled and took his hand in mine.

"God. I love you." Sam kissed my forehead again.

"I love you too." I pulled him in to hug me.

We hugged for a while until I pulled back and he stepped back to let someone else talk to me.

"Bailee. Are you okay?" Brittney came up to me.

"Yeah, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm here to make sure my little sister is okay. I want to apologize for what I said." Brittney had a look in her eyes that she usually never does.

I shook my head, "Don't apologize. It's okay. I miss you." I pulled her in for a hug.

"I love you Bailee."

"Love you too Brit."

"Can Bailee and I have a minute alone?" I heard Jack's deep hoarse voice.

Everyone looked at him and nodded.

When everyone left the room and scattered away from the door Jack looked at me with his beautiful eyes.

"Bailee, I'm so sorry. I should have never hurt you like that. I shouldn't have kissed you or anything. You got hurt because of me and I just want to let you know that I won't bother you anymore." Jack sat down in my bed with me.

"What if I don't want you to leave me alone?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

"Please don't cry. It will only make this harder for me. I've tried my hardest to stay away from you and it only results in me hurting myself. Sam loves you. You need to be happy with him." Jack had tears in his eyes.

"Jack, I love you," I cried and pulled him towards me.

"I love you too. I'm sorry. I'm leaving tonight and not coming back. I'm staying with Brittney for awhile. I like her, you know." Jack rubbed the pad of his thumb on the back of my hand.

My heart was rebroken, again. Just like that.

"Please don't do this. I can't take it," I started to cry. "Please."

"I'm leaving tonight. I love you Bailee, stay safe. Have a nice life with Sam." Jack hugged and kissed me one more time before he left for good.

The door clicked and I knew it was true. He was gone for good. I laid in my hospital bed and cried myself back to sleep, hoping to never wake up from this nightmare.

* * *

"BABE! YOURE AWAKE! THANK GOD!" Sam smothered me in kisses as I opened my eyes.

"Yeah?" I gave him a confused look.

"You were in a really bad car accident. Do you not remember? Your lungs almost collapsed!" Sam studied me.

I looked around the room and saw that I was a hospital room.

So it was a dream?

"Oh," is all I could say.

"I'm so glad you're okay. If you wouldn't have waken up, i wouldn't be able to function," Sam explained.

"Im up now." I smiled and kissed his hand.

"Some people would like to see you." Sam smiled and the door opened.

Jack, James, my mom, dad, Brittney, Chloe, Matt, Olivia, and Nash walked into the room.

My heart dropped when I saw Jacks face.