Chapter Seventeen

Bailee

I need to stop falling for Jack when I kiss him. He's just someone I used to be friends with benefits with, I need to stop thinking he'll change. He broke my heart. I slightly pushed on his chest until he moved back and looked at me.

"Sorry." he scratched the back of his neck. "I just miss being buddies, like having each other when we needed it and not telling anyone. It was just between the break ups that you and Reese went through and sometimes when you were still dating him," Jack bought up the fact that I cheated on Reese with him once.

"I can't miss it," I whispered and looked down, ashamed of myself.

"Why not?"

"We both cheated on our boyfriend and girlfriend. Chances are, we both still aren't loyal and we'll end up cheating on each other," I sighed.

Plus you're my brother's best friend, and he would disown both of us if we dated. Plus I don't like you like that. Plus I'm too young for you, you're like 22 and I'm only 19. Plus we don't get along. Plus I like Finn. Plus I fear being cheated on and crying over a guy like you. I fear it so damn much.

"That's why we're good for each other Bailee. We're the same." he took my hand into his.

"Jack, no," I sighed and pulled my hand away from him.

"Whatever Bailee, you'll realize it sooner or later that you want to be with me. I've always been there for you and you just can't accept the fact that I would do anything for you!" Jack's voice started rising.

"I'm not arguing with you about this, discussion over. Goodbye Jack!" I spat and walked out of the room to the front door.

On my way out I ran into James who was coming in the doorway.

"Shit, my bad." I helped him pick up the groceries he just dropped.

"It's fine. Were you waiting for me?" he asked.

"I just had a question, but I got the answer. Love you bub, bye."

* * *

I laughed and ran my hand through my hair.

"I can't believe that really happened." my laughter died down a bit.

"Believe it." Finn smiled his cute smile.

"I can't. Why didn't you just listen to her when she told you both to go back to bed?" I asked him.

"We weren't tired. I didn't want to sit in my room and do nothing until she got up. What fun is that?"

Finn had just got done telling me that he and his brother both got up early and turned on the television when their mom was asleep and and she chased through the house, but they ran outside into the cold, in their underwear. She locked them out.

"Not getting into trouble fun," I said in a sarcastic tone.

"Then you're no fun." Finn shot back.

I rose a brow and started to laugh.

"You done with that?" I nodded toward his empty plate, we had spaghetti tacos.

"I can get it, both of them." Finn smiled.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yeah." he smiled and grabbed my plate.

I heard the sink running, indicating that he was rinsing both of the plates. After he was done, he came back into the living room and took his place next to me on the couch. I smiled, sat criss-cross, and face him.