Chapter Twenty-Seven

Thanksgiving

This year since us girls got our own house, we are hosting thanksgiving.

"Hey babe, did you get the chips I asked you to get?" I asked Sam as he appeared into the kitchen in only plaid pajama pants.

"How could I forget?" he asked.

It's only been a few weeks since we've been trying this "Friends with Benefits" thing. Quotes around it. We act more like a couple than two people just having sex. We decided to act like a couple around people, but we both knew we weren't.

"Thanks." I smiled as he grabbed them from the pantry.

"Welcome." he came over to the stove and kissed me.

"What time are people showing up?" Olivia asked.

"Around like three or so," I told her. "We only have about an hour or so until people start showing up, so we better get ready!" I shouted.

"Hey, will you start with the turkey with Nash and Matt while I go get ready with the girls?" I asked Sam.

"Of course." he smiled and kissed me cheek.

I started walking away and felt someone or something grab my ass. I turned around and saw Sam smirking.

"You asshole." I laughed and hit him in his ribs.

* * *

"JAMES IS HERE!" I shouted like a little kid and ran down the stairs to greet my first guest of the day.

I opened the door and saw my brother standing at the door with a girl in front of him.

"Hey baby sis!" be smiled cheerfully.

"Hi big bro." I smiled and pushed passed the girl to hug him.

I squeezed him really hard. I miss seeing him so much. Why has it been so long since I've seen him and we live fifteen minutes away from each other?

"Any hugs left for me?" I heard a familiar voice behind me and James.

I pulled out of the hug and saw Jack standing behind us. His hair was the same, but something was different.

"Always." I smiled and tried to hide the tension.

I hugged Jack tightly, as he did me.

"You look beautiful," he whispered into my ear and kissed my cheek.

"Thanks." I blushed.

I opened my eyes and saw a girl behind Jack giving me a dirty look. It only made me squeeze Jack tighter.

After Jack and I let go of each other, I stared into his chocolate eyes. What the fuck happened that one day? Why did he run away from the house?

We both walked inside and I went over to Sam. His eyes raked my body and I felt myself blush.

"Bailee, you look so gorgeous." he smiled.

"Thanks." I hugged him from the side.

"Anytime, literally." he winked.

A few more rings of the bell and everyone from my family and the girls' and the guys' families were here.

"Hi mom and dad, this is Samuel. He is my boyfriend." I smiled as I introduced him to my parents.

"It's really nice meeting you Mr. and Mrs. Williams." Sam shook their hands and smiled.

"And to you." my dad grinned.