Chapter Six

Bailee

As soon as I got in the door Reese struck me. I fell to the ground and held my face, as usual.

"You're late!" He yelled at me. He was angrier than before.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"No you're not. Where were you? Whoring around?" He questioned.

 Wow, yes, I was whoring around when I don't even have a cell phone that isn't monitored. How else would I meet anyone?

"NO!" I shouted back to him. He always thought I was cheating on him. I should at this point.

"Just like the first time." He shook his head. "Right?"

"No, Reese!" I cried.

He hit me again, and again.

"Stop!" I cried more. I just wanted him to stop. I wanted him to stop hurting me and I wanted him to stop wanting me.

"YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WILL YOU BAILEE?" He shouted.

I smelt the alcohol coming from his hot breath.

I shook my head and pulled my knees up to my chest. Why does he treat me this way? What did I ever do to deserve getting the shit beat out of me?

"ARE YOU GOING TO ANSWER ME?" He screamed even louder.

"Yes. YES!" I choked out.

"Fuck you, Bailee, come here." He pulled me up to our room.

He dragged me by my left arm. The one the had just healed from previosuly being broken by him.

"STOP!" I shouted. "You're hurting me. Stop!" I cried louder.

He didn't slow down. He kept dragging me until we reached the room. He picked me up and threw me on the bed and started making out with me until I blacked out.

* * *

I woke up and heard light snores coming from Reese. He was tangled together with me. I stared at him for a minute. He was the worlds most gentle guy at one point in time, and then everything turned sour for some reason. I ran my hand through his brown hair and kissed his forehead. I turned over so I was on top of him and put my head on his chest to listen to his heartbeat. How could someone with a regular heartbeat, be so cold-hearted? He isn't the person I fell in love with and I don't think he ever will be, again. 

I had to leave. I couldn't put myself through this, anymore. It isn't okay for him to do any of this and it isn't okay for me to do this to myself.

"I love you, Reese."

I kissed his forehead and lips for the last time. His soft lips took me by surprise. I missed when kissing him was this gentle. I miss when he cared about not hurting me.

I got off him and went into our walk-in closet. I grabbed two of my suitcases and packed all of my clothes. I didn't need any of the extra stuff I had other than my chargers and laptop. I grabbed my laptop case and put my chargers in it as well.

"I made up my mind. I'm going with you," I whispered into the speaker.

"I'll be there in a few minutes."

A few minutes later Olivia picked me up with Chloe in the car. I got in but didn't say a word. I didn't look back, because I knew that if I did, I would regret it.