Chapter Tweleve

Bailee

"Kiss me." I heard my sister say.

I crept into the room slowly and quietly.

"You don't know how bad I want to," Reese groaned and traced her lips with his fingertips.

"Do it," Brittney urged him with a whisper.

"I'm dating your sister," he argued with her.

"Fine. We'll just throw everything that we have out of the window because of Bailee," Brittney huffed and crossed her arms.

"Babe, no. I just got with her to get to you anyways," Reese said in a soft voice. The voice that manipulates me. Then he put his lips on hers and they started making out.

I have had enough of this. I ran out of the room and down the stairs.

"Ouch. Sorry," I apologized to the person I ran into.

"It's fine, Bailee," Jack told me.

I looked up and wiped the tears out of the corner of my eyes.

"Could you take me home?" I asked.

"Yeah."

Jack grabbed my hand and got me through the huge crowd of people at the party.

Reese and my whore of a sister were about to fuck on his and I's one year. What the hell. How long have they even been sneaking behind my back?

"Here." Jack let go of my hand as we got outside.

I kind of wanted him to keep it there. I like seeing Jack whenever I'm upset. He makes it all better. I walked next to him, with no space between us. He looked down at me and gave me a smile. That smile gets him girls.

"Thanks," I muttered.

"Welcome."

We walked a little bit. I knew that he would be parked far. Jack doesn't like parking close because at this one party, his car got destroyed. I know who did it, but I never told Jack. He'd be pissed.

"Thanks again, f-for taking me home, Jack." I tried to keep my teeth from chattering because the October air was dancing carelessly.

Anything for you." he smiled. "Are you cold?"

"Free-z-zing." I tried to keep my teeth from chattering anymore.

I still can't get over the fact that I am here with my middle school crush. He's my brother's bestfriend, and we are forbidden to date, as my brother told us both the first time I met Jack. I smiled a little at the memory.

Jack took his jacket off and it followed with his black hoodie. He handed it to me and I pulled it over my head carelessly. I don't care if my hair got messed up. I looked down and the sweatshirt was a bit big, but I didn't mind.

"Thanks." I smiled and let the warmth of the hoodie comfort me.

"You're welcome. Just a few more blocks and we'll be at my car," Jack said

"Alright." I nodded and put my hands in the sweatshirt pocket.

"Wait, why were you crying?" he stopped in the middle of the road.

"This is going to sound stupid," I said. I tried to stall to come up with a good lie, but none came to mind.

"Nothing that comes out of your mouth sounds stupid." Jack smiled. The streetlight glowed on us perfectly.