Chapter Twenty Three

Bailee

I woke again, feeling dizzy. Jack was rubbing my back lightly and whispering something. I pretended to be asleep so I could hear what he was saying.

"I'm really sorry. I tried my hardest to protect you. I knew that Reese hurt you, but you never seemed to want any help. I just let it go. It hurt me every damn day, knowing that he hurt you, and now Finn is. I'm really sorry Bailee. I love you so much and don't want to see you hurt again, not like this at least."

I turned over to face him and a few seconds later I opened my eyes.

Jack smashed his lips to mine. Our lips moved in sync and then he deepened the kiss. He bit my bottom lip, but I pulled back slowly.

"Jack, what did you come here to tell me last night?"

"What?"

"What'd you come here to tell me last night?"

"I..Um...Nothing," he stammered.

"Jack."

"I didn't come here to tell you anything. I was drunk and high," he explained to me.

"Right, I forgot," I lied straight to his face.

I have this feeling that he really wanted to tell me something before he puked his guts up on the front porch.

"Yeah. Well I better get going home. Thanks for letting me stay here. You're a good.. friend."

Friend.

That word just dangled above me. We just kissed and he calls me a friend? What the hell?

"See ya." Jack got off of my bed and moved to the door. He pushed my dresser out of his way and unlocked the door, then walked out without saying another word to me.

I laid on my bed and pulled the covers up all the way over my head. It wasn't until a few moments later, Olivia came in and jumped on my bed.

"BABE! WAKE UP! I MISSED YOU! How was yours and Finn's night out last night? Was it magical? He made breakfast for you. He told me to come and get you and that you didn't feel well last night and that you went to bed when you guys got home."

Time to put on an act and smile like nothing happened, Bailee.

I uncovered my face and smiled at Olivia whose expression went from cheery and happy to worried and confused.

"What in the world happened to your face Bai?" she asked in a worried tone.

"Finn and I were going down the slides last night and one was metal. I went down that one on my stomach and my face connected with the metal base at the end," I lied without flinching.

Good Bailee. Don't let her see you're hurting.

"Oh, I'll get some ice for you when we go downstairs. Speaking of downstairs, lets go." she yanked my arm and dragged me down the stairs.

Once I got into the kitchen there was a big breakfast set out on the island and the table. Finn was standing over the stove with spatula in hand. I was so used to faking that I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him.

"Morning," I mumbled into his back.

"Morning beautiful." Finn turned around and kissed me.

"I'm sorry for last night," he whispered into my ear as he bent down, nose pressed against my cheek.

"Yep," I popped the 'p'.

"Mmm okay. Well breakfast will be done in a few minutes."

"Alright."

* * *

"Jack, are you just going to avoid me from now on? I've called you like ten times. I need to talk to you," I said to Jack's voice mail.

I huffed and fell back on my bed. I can't believed he won't answer my calls. I know his phone is on because five out of the ten times it rang through all the way, and the others he just ignored them on the first ring.

"Hey babe, do you wanna go out to eat tonight?" Finn emerged into my room.

"Ehh, no."

"Why not?" he asked in an annoyed tone.

"Well I'm really tired and I have this huge bruise on my face that I don't want people to see," I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. I'll drop by tomorrow. Love you." he placed a soft kiss on my lips. I stood up and hugged him.

"Uh-huh." I nodded.

Finn kissed me again, but harder and aggressive. He bit my lip so hard that it felt like it was bleeding. I pushed him away and rubbed my lip.

"Ouch, that hurt," I told him.

"Sorry," he said in a tone that was everything but sorry.

"K, I'll see you tomorrow," I said clearly unhappy.

"Bye." he waved and walked out of my room.

I heard footsteps leaving and some coming up to my room. I saw Sam appear in my room with a smile.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Hey, why does douchenozzle look angry?" he raised a brow.

"Just mad that I didn't kiss him like he wanted me to. No biggie." I shrugged it off.

"Oh." his lips moved into an 'o'.

I wonder what his lips would feel like on mine. He's pretty cute.

I walked towards him and grabbed the back of his head.

"Ever wonder what it would be like to kiss me?" I asked in a whisper.

"A lot," Sam whispered back to me.

I pulled his head toward mine and kissed him soft and long. I put my hands on his biceps and traced up to his jawline. Sam peeled my shirt off, throwing it to the other side of the room, and he pushed me back to my bed, closing the door first.

When Sam came back to the bed, he straddled me and we resumed kissing. I made an effort to pull his shirt off. In response, he kissed my neck. My absolute weakness. I moaned a little and laughed.

"Take off your pants," Sam said out of breath.

I unbuttoned them and he pulled them off the rest of the way.

Next I pulled his off.

"Do you have a condom?"