Chapter Eleven

Bailee

"Us?" I asked and motioned in between us.

"Us," Jack replied.

"Jack, there isn't an "us". There never was."

"Don't say that there wasn't an us. You know what we had," Jack huffed.

"Bai, are you out here?" I heard James' voice.

"Yeah," I called and put a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"There you are," he sighed. "I can't find my way around this house."

"Yeah, it's pretty big." I forced a smile.

"Could I talk to you? Alone." James added emphases on the word 'alone'.

"Yep."

I walked into the kitchen and leaned against the counter, James did the same.

"So..." James went on but I zoned out.

"Thanks again, f-for taking me home, Jack." I tried to keep my teeth from chattering because the cool October air was running.

"Anything for you." he smiled "Are you cold?"

"Free-z-zing," I tried to say.

He took his jacket off and then his hoodie off under that and handed it to me. I pulled it over my head. It was a bit big, but I didn't mind.

"Thanks." I smiled and felt the warmth of the hoodie calm me.

"Welcome. There's just a few more blocks and we'll be at my car," he informed me.

"Alright." I nodded.

"So, why were you crying?" Jack stopped in the middle of the road.

"This is going to sound so stupid." I laughed.

"Nothing that comes out of your mouth sounds stupid." Jack smiled.

"Well, you know how Reese and I have been dating for a year now? Tonight we were going to have our first kiss. My real first kiss. I haven't had it yet. It sounds so stupid that I'm a sophomore in high school and I haven't had my real first kiss yet." I paused and chuckled at myself a little bit.

"Bai, that's not stupid. But you think that the kiss we had wasn't real?" Jack asked.

"We weren't even dating," I sighed. "It was just a stupid spin the bottle game when I was in seventh grade and you were in ninth." I crossed my arms.

"Well where is Reese?" Jack asked.

"He ran off with his friends and left me alone," I lied to Jack.

"Oh." Is all he had to say.

"Here's my car." Jack opened the door for me.

He went around the front of the car and got in, then turned it on and put the heat on. It was so warm.

"Bailee. I want to be your first real kiss."

"What?" I asked.

He shook his head and bought his face to mine. He kissed my lips and didn't stop. I didn't care that it wasn't Reese. He left me alone at that party with drunk guys everywhere. I grabbed onto Jack's face and kissed him more.

"Bailee, I've liked you ever since I became friends with your brother," Jack confessed.

I got red. I looked at his expression, serious. I smiled and kissed him again.

"Bailee!" James yelled.

"What?" I asked.

"Did you just hear a word I said?" he asked.

I shook my head and looked down.

"I thought you stopped zoning out years ago? You're fucking nineteen and still can't listen!" James yelled at me.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"Great way of showing Bailee. I'm not going to explain what I just said to you again to waste my breath." James stood up all the way. "Brittney is coming over in an hour to see you. She said that she wants to talk to you about what happened? Have fun. I'm leaving now, bye." James stormed out of the kitchen and found his way to the door.

I flinched when he slammed it.

Brittney?

I can't stand her. She's the reason why I haven't been to any parties with Reese since my sophomore year of high school.

_______

Picture of the house