Chapter Three

Bailee

My eyes fluttered and I saw Reese sitting at the edge of our bed. I tried to sit up but the pain was too much.

"Ugh," I groaned.

"You're awake," Reese said. "I'm so sorry babe. I didn't mean for it to happen. Please don't leave me, I love you," he whined like a little kid and kissed my forehead all over.

Another Reese incident.

"It's...fine," I made out.

"Thank you baby. I'm so sorry. I love you. I don't know what I would do without you."

"I love you too."

I wondered if he really loved me. My mind plays the instant replays of him kicking, punching, and hitting me. I can't take this anymore.

"This needs changed," I told him referring to the gauze on the back of my head that I just discovered. Blood was seeping through it.

"Here." he propped my head up and took the bloody gauze off then replaced it with new.

"Thanks."

I'm glad that he's sober. He is so much nicer than he usually is.

Ding Dong.

"I'll get it." Reese smiled and hopped of our bed.

When he came back, Chloe and Olivia followed him in.

"Hey," they said in unison with smiles.

"Hey." I tried to smile back.

"What happened?" Chloe was shocked.

I felt Reese's ocean blue eyes burn in the back of my head.

"I fell going down the steps," I lied. "Don't be a clutz like me." I managed to let a laugh out.

"Babe, you've always been that way." Reese smiled and kissed my cheek.

"So we were wondering if you could come and stay over at my place," Chloe said. "We haven't had a girls night in a while and we miss you."

"Yeah, I'm free," I stuttered. I was scared of what Reese would say.

"Go have fun baby," Reese allowed.

A huge relief washed over me. I really thought he would've come up with a lie to keep me in the house.

I got off of our bed and walked into our closet to pack an overstuffed bag like I usually do.

"I love you, Reese." I smiled and kissed his lips when I returned from the closet.

"I love you too," he kissed me again.

"I'll call you later tonight," I told him because I knew that if he didn't get and update, he would flip shit and end up haunting me down. Now, I get to have a night with my girls. Reese had to have sobered up and stayed that way to take care of me... huh.

"Good." he patted me on the back as we walked down the stairs with the girls.

We reached the door and he handed me gauze pads and looked me in the eyes. He kissed my forehead and pulled me in for a tight hug. We stayed there for about thirty seconds before he pulled away. 

"Bye. See you tomorrow." I waved to Reese as the girls and I walked out of the house. 

"Bye Bai-boo." he shut the door behind us.