Chapter Thirty-Nine

I couldn't believe my ears. I pressed "end" on my phone and threw it across the room.

How did I fuck this up? How could he do this to me? I thought he was one of the guys to not have a one night stand or fling with some random female.

I let the tears fall from my eyes and slide down my cheeks. They were hot and stuck to my face as they rolled down my cheeks.

Why would Jack do something like this? I trusted him not to do anything else that was stupid.

I got myself to stand up and walk out of the room. I went down the hallway and to Reese's room, our old room.

"Reese," I sobbed through his bedroom door.

"Bailee, what's wrong?" I heard Reese's footsteps coming towards me.

Reese opened his door and I fell into his arms. I've never cried to Reese, I only cried at him. This felt different to me but it felt good.

"Ja-Jack had s-sex with ano-ther girl." I cried on his shoulder.

Reese rubbed my back up and down while saying soothing words to me. I calmed down after a while, but I was still crying.

"How did you find out?" Reese sat down on his bed, taking me with him.

"He butt dialed me or something. I don't know. I just can't believe he'd do this to me," I cried.

"I know. It's going to be okay though."

I nodded, but I didn't really think it will be okay.

"I need to go and get my phone," I told Reese.

I walked out of his room and back into the guest room. I grabbed my phone off the floor and looked at the screen. It was perfectly fine. I'm glad it can take some pretty harsh throws.

I unlocked my phone and saw that I had missed calls and texts from Jack. What the fuck does he want? I swear if he tries to apologize for "accidentally" fucking another girl, I will kill him myself.

"You better explain everything to me in under a minute or we're completely done," I told Jack as soon as he answered.

"Bailee, I am so sorry. That wasn't me. I left my phone in the room with Johnson and this girl he met. They were getting pretty freaky. I'm so sorry that I worried you. Nothing is going on, I swear." Jack laughed at the end.

"You sure?"

"I'm positive. Will you please come home now?"

"Bailee. Are you okay?" Reese came up to me.

"Who is that?" Jack asked.

"Nobody I-"

"Who's on the phone?" Reese continued to talk.

"Are you with Reese?" Jack rose his voice.

"Jack. Stop. Let me explain."

"No. You left our house to go to Reese's. Do you remember what he used to do to you Bailee? You're fucking dumb. You think that you can just whore around and it'll all be fine. No. Fuck you, go have fun being a slut. I'm done with you."

Jack left his last words at that. He hung up on me and I didn't think he was going to call back.

I sat down in Reese's hallway and started to bawl my eyes out. I couldn't control the tears, they were just coming down as if they were supposed to do that all the time. I can't not be with Jack.

"I'm sorry, Bailee," Reese apologized to me.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT! IT ALL STARTED WITH YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE! YOU ASKED ME OUT, YOU CHEATED ON ME WITH MY SISTER, YOU CHEATED ON ME WITH NUMEROUS GIRLS, AND YOU FUCKING PUSHED ME TO THE LIMIT OF BEATINGS TO WHERE I LEFT!" I screamed at Reese and hit him. "I hate you."

"Don't forget that you liked me back. You can't put all of your problems and mistakes on me," Reese argued back.

"I still fucking hate you." I rolled my eyes.

I balled up my fists to hit Reese, who was sitting next to me, again. I didn't hit him though, I just set my head on his shoulder and continued to cry.

I stood up and walked back into the room that I was in before. I locked the door behind me and went to lay down on the couch.

I held my phone up to my face and unlocked it. I went to Jack's contact name and clicked on it. I can't have him be mad at me. I love him.

"Jack."

"What the fuck do you want?" he answered with disgust in his voice.

"I want you." I tried to hold back the tears that were about to drown me.

"You fucked that up, babycakes," Jack slurred.

"You're drunk. Please stop drinking."

"It's not your worry anymore Bailee. We're not together." Jack laughed.

"We weren't together when you showed up trashed at my house when I was dating Finn. It was my worry then, so why not now?" I asked him.

"Well, we don't have that spark anymore. You decided to whore around on me. How long have you been going behind my back to fuck him? How long? What about that night last week when you said that you were going over to Olivia's? Were you lying to me to go see Reese?"

"Jack, why are you acting like this?" I became aggravated.

"Probably because my ex girlfriend is fucking her drunk and doped out ex boyfriend."

"Jack, I'm not having sex with him. Stop accusing me things that I haven't even been doing."

"You did it to me."

"No. You actually did kiss that girl, and I only thought that you were fucking that one girl that Johnson was with because they called me. Was I supposed to think that some girl moaning "Jack" didn't mean you? My bad." I got sarcastic.

"Just come home. I'm already sick of fighting with you and it hasn't even been two full hours. I can't stop thinking about you baiboo," Jack slurred and sighed.

I felt butterflies come to my stomach. He called me an old nickname. He still gives me butterflies, that's so surprising to me.

"I'll me on my way in a few minutes. I love you Jack."

"I love you too baby. Be safe on the road."

I hung up and sighed. I grabbed my bag and put the straps over my shoulders. I walked to the door and unlocked it. I walked out and Reese was still on the floor.

"You leaving?" he poked his head up.

"Yeah, Jack told me to come home." I set my bag down and helped Reese up.

"I'll see you sometime?" he asked.

I looked around. I don't want to tell him no, I want him to stay in my life.

"Yeah." I nodded. "Thanks, for everything. You just let me right in when I showed up unexpectedly. I would've never thought that you would do that for me. Thank you." I smiled.

Reese nodded and looked down at his feet. Oh, yeah.

"I'm really sorry about saying that I hate you, I really don't. You're a good guy." I smiled and closed the gap between Reese and I with a hug.

"I thought the last time I saw you was the last goodbye." Reese laughed a little.

"Me too, but I guess not." I smiled and hugged him tighter.

There is still pain. I've left Reese twice before. This is my third time and it still hurts and feels like the first. I love him so much. I won't ever not love him. He was good to me, even when he was bad.

"I love you, Bailee," Reese whispered into my ear.

"Love you too." I released my arms from him and picked my bag up again.

I walked down the stairs and went out the door.

I got into my car and drove home to the guy that I've loved since tenth grade year. The guy that has always drove me crazy. The guy that has gotten drunk with me more times than I can count. The guy that puts a smile on my face. The guy that makes me cry. The guy that holds my heart.