16 - Polis at a sunset

"We're together," Clarke said, finally looking up from her plate. Lexa looked at Abby, too, almost sure of her reaction.

Abby stared for a moment at her daughter and then genuinely smiled.

"I know."

She barely could stop herself from laughing. But she managed to do it and just looked seriously at both of them.

"Wh--what?" Clarke only mumbled. That was the only thing she was able to mutter.

"Wasn't it obvious? I mean, the way you look at each other. Or the way you talk to each other. It wasn't hard to match the dots." Any smiled at them, once again. "Besides, remember that one night I came back from work and saw you two in the living room? I might was tired, but not blind. Also, you weren't hiding that much. One time as I was early getting ready for work and I needed to take something from your room, Clarke, and I saw you two cuddling there. That was cute, but it told me everything."

"Well, why didn't you tell anything?" Lexa asked, frowning. Clarke was just blushing.

"I wanted to give you some time. I wanted you to tell me," Abby explained to them, the smile not once leaving her face.

She was really glad. After Finn Abby's been seriously worried about her daughter. She had no doubt that he broke Clarke. She wasn't herself for a really long time. But Lexa... she was different. She was good for Clarke, maybe even the best. She brought from Clarke only the good things.

"I'm happy for you, guys."

Clarke nodded, smiling to her gladly. This situation was probably the most stressful for her in her entire life. She was overthinking this. And when she finally came out, she felt much calmer. Like everything that she was carrying on her arms just disappeared.

Thay started eating again, talking about some stuff. But this time they were completely honest with each other. After the dinner, Clarke and Lexa washed the dishes. They came to a living room to see Abby sitting there, watching TV.

"You, girls, wanna join me?" She smiled at them, moving on the couch to leave them some place.

Lexa nodded and made a step to her, but Clarke caught her arm.

"Actually, I've got a math exam tomorrow," she started. Lexa chuckled at that, but Abby just frowned. She had no idea about her daughter's problems with math. Clarke looked at Lexa only. 

"I'd really use your help," she said a bit quieter.

"Of course you would," Lexa answered, smiling widely.

"We're gonna study a little bit if you don't mind," Clarke said to Abby.

"Of course not."

Clarke took Lexa's hand and like that they walked to Clarke's room. Lexa walked there first and she headed to Clarke's desk. She started looking for a book. She took it in her hand and turned around to see Clarke standing in front of her.

"What do you have right now on math?" Lexa asked. She started going through pages, when Clarke while avoiding the book, embraced her in a tight hug. Lexa at first was a bit surprised by that, but then she also hugged Clarke.

"I'm so happy, Lex. I was so scared and anxious." Clarke pulled away from the hug and looked seriously into those green eyes.

"I know, Clarke. I know," Lexa nodded and smiled. "Now. I also know it's gonna take some time for us to learn you anything, so, what do you have now, huh?"

Clarke sighed and open book on the right page.

"Let's get it over with."

They sat on Clarke's bed and started learning.