23 - carnival

"Mum, I'm so bored," Clarke moaned as she got downstairs, right into the kitchen.

Abby looked at her once and came back to more important things - cooking for them. These two could really eat a lot.

"Well, where's Lexa?" She asked, while mixing some ingredients.

"She's either learning or talking with her mum. Any way, I can't disturb her," Clarke pouted and sat at the counter, right next to the oven.

"Her mom isn't coming here for Christmas, is she?" Abby asked, looking at her daughter, seriously. Lexa's mum didn't seem like a nice person. Also, Abby would prefer to know if there would be need for more food.

The blonde shrugged. "I don't think—" she started, but was interrupted.

"She is not." Lexa said, walking into kitchen. She placed herself right next to Clarke, smiling at Abby. "No worries. She wouldn't fly here from TonDC, just for Christmas. She wouldn't bother.netfli"

Abby nodded, but then she slightly hit their legs with a kitchen towel she was holding.

"Now, get out of my kitchen." Both girls surprised jumped off the counter laughing. "This counter wouldn't survive any longer."

"Hey," Clarke, while pretending to be offended, took Lexa's hand and led them to the hall. "We"re going out!"

"Well, what about dinner?" Abby frowned, though she didn't see them anymore, as kitchen and hall were divided with a wall.

Lexa looked at Clarke, beggingly, and put her hands on blonde's hips.

"Klork, Abby worked hard on it. We should stay and eat it," she whispered, looking into ocean eyes. "Besides, I'm really hungry." She pouted.

"Okay," Clarke smiled a moment later and pecked Lexa's lips. "But know that only the pout convinced me."

"Yeah, I know," Lexa pulled away from the embrace and started walking to kitchen to help Abby. "You don't have any defense from it."

***

After the dinner, delicious indeed, they both decided to go out, as the hour was still not so late. Clarke wanted to use a car, but Lexa stopped her. "The healthier, the better." And they decided to just walk where their feet would lead them.

"It's four day apart from Christmas. Tomorrow we've got our group Christmas," Clarke told Lexa.

Lexa frowned. It was the first time she's heard about it. "Really?"

"Yeah. I... I kinda forgot to tell you," Clarke said, quiter, looking at Lexa, humbly. "Sorry," she mumbled.

"That's fine. I'm used to you forgetting things," Lexa nodded, and smiled. How could she be mad at her only because of such a small thing. Though, it'd be better if she'd know earlier. "Should I buy something or-"

"It's like lottery, you know. Tomorrow, we're gonna go to Blakes' house. Everyone would draw someone and then we'd go to the mall. Buy a present to the person, then the next day come we open them, again at Blakes' house." A wide smile grew on blonde's face. She loved the tradition. "We're doing it every year. I'm so happy to get to share it also with you."

Lexa answered the smile and nodded. "So, where are we going?"

"Well..." Clarke smiled even wider at her own idea. "There's a carnival. It arrived yesterday. Thought we could go there. What do you think?"

"I would love to," Lexa nodded, honestly. "The last time I was at carnival was... with Costia," she whispered and looked up into Clarke's worried eyes.