3 - something between them created

"I was born 13th January in 2003, in the only hos..."

"I'm not asking for the story of your life," Abby laughed. "I just wanna know a few facts about you."

Lexa nodded, grinning.

"Alright, well, I'm a realist. I'm always trying to think before doing it. I hate surprises. And I'm definitely not spontaneous," Lexa responded, thinking about something more. "Oh, and I love the rain," she added. That was true. Lexa loved the rain. She always liked to just sit on the grass and let the rainfall to wet her. Obviously, when her mother wasn't at home. "What about you?" she asked curiously.

"Well, I definitely can't be as specific as you," Abby smirked, for a moment looking at Lexa. "I'm 45 years old. I've got one daughter, her name is Clarke. I'm a doctor. And I hate the rain."

"You do?"

"Yeah. Clarke hates it too."

They talked for the rest of their ride. From the airport to Griffins house was about 10 minutes ride. When Lexa came back from the car, she saw the small but storied house, with white walls and a black roof. There were colorful flowers on the windowsills.

"You've got a beautiful house," Lexa said. She was intimidated. Lexa's home was small and ugly. Her mother didn't care about something like interior design. Everything in it was black, grey or white. There were no flowers. No colors. No pictures.

Before Costia's death, Lexa tried to keep at least her room normal. But when Costia died, Lexa lost the point.

"Thank you," Abby answered, smiling to Lexa. She took out Lexa's suitcase and hed to the front door, Lexa followed. As they crossed the entrance Lexa felt this wild excitement.

To her right was the kitchen matched with the dining room and living room, and on the left, there was a room behind the closed door, and stairs leading upstairs.

Lexa looked around her. House was in shabby chic style. Everything fitted perfectly.

"Your room is upstairs," Abby announced, heading there. The second floor had three closed doors.

From one of them, a dog ran away to them, wagging its tail.

"Oh, this is Heda. She is very friendly. I hope you're not afraid of dogs," Abby told her, looking unsure.

"Nah. I love dogs," Lexa said, squatting to give her a stroke. Heda was a small dog with a specific hair. She was all white, except for around her eyes. The space around her eyes looked like a blur mascara.

"Come on. Let's go to your room," Abby said, and Lexa nodded. Heda went downstairs.

She chose other doors and Lexa followed her, curios about how her new room looks like. She tried not to imagine anything, to don't be disappointed. But even if Lexa would try, she would never imagine something like that.

Double bed on the opposite of the doors, a big desk on the other wall, and the huge wardrobe on the third wall. All of it was in shabby chic style.

"This is all for me?" Lexa didn't even try to hide her shock. This room was beautiful.

"Yeah. Here are the doors to your bathroom," Abby said after she dropped Lexa's bag on the floor. She opened those doors and went there. The bathroom was big. It had a corner shower, toilet under the hanging cabinets, and one big cabinet, long as the wall, with two sinks. "You'll share it with Clarke. Your rooms are connected by this bathroom."

"And does Clarke is okay with this?" Lexa asked, full of uncertainty. Abby headed again to Lexa's new room and then downstairs.

"Clarke doesn't know," Abby answered like it was nothing.

But for Lexa, this was a big deal. The teenagers could be problematic. And she just tried to escape from her mother, she didn't want to be a problem for someone.

"So, you think she won't have any problems with that?" Lexa asked.

Abby was just about to answer when both of them heard a car arriving at the driveway.

"I guess we will find out."

When Clarke pulled up at driveaway she noticed that her mother's car was already there. She walked out of the car and headed to the front door. When she crossed the entrance her eyes immediately land at dark-haired girl.

"Hi..." Clarke said, unsure of what she should do right now. Either call the police or maybe grab some knife form the kitchen.

"Honey, you're home. Great. This is Lexa Woods. She'll be living with us this year," Abby announced, trying to be as coaxing as possible.

"Oh, okay," Clarke said slowly, straightening her thoughts. What Abby said clearly didn't reach Clarke's mind for the beginning, but after a few seconds, she understood what she just heard. "Wait, what?"

"Lexa will live with us, Clarke. She moved here for this program of student exchange. Principal Kane asked me if I could take her and I could. We've got an empty room," Abby said, looking at Clarke to show her, to make her be nice for their new guest.

"But, mom..." Clarke tried to say something, but Abby interrupted her harshly:

"This is not under the discussion."

Clarke opened her mouth to say something again, but when she's noticed her mother's look she closed it.

"Ughhh... whatever," she said eventually, grabbing her backpack and heading upstairs. She slammed her doors loudly and threw herself onto the bed.

She is hot. That was the first thought created in Lexa's mind after she saw Clarke. But her feeling changed quickly when she saw how Clarke reacted to her.

She should've said something, do something. She wanted to greet Clarke herself, not by Abby.

Slight disappointment appeared on her face when Clarke without a conversation with her went upstairs. But it disappeared as fast as it rose when Abby turned around to face Lexa.

"Stay here. I'll talk to her," she said to her. "Don't worry. She is just surprised," Abby added, trying to somehow comfort Lexa.

When Abby also disappeared Lexa sat on the closest chair. She didn't want to eavesdrop, but she could hear when they were talking louder.

"You should've told me!" Clarke screamed at Abby.

Lexa felt pretty bad even though she shouldn't. Because it wasn't her fault. It wasn't anyone's fault. Clarke just needed to understand and accept that for now, she will be living also with Lexa.

After a few minutes of total silence Clarke screamed:

"Fine. Okay? Fine!"

And both of them were now standing in front of Lexa. When she heard that they were heading to her she immediately stood up.

Lexa had no idea what she should expect so she just put on her neutral face.

"Listen, I'm sorry," Clarke started looking at Lexa. "And not because my mom made me do it. I really am. I shouldn't act like that. Can we just start again?" Clarke asked, full of hope. Lexa's noticed that very well, so she nodded.

She also wanted kinda started again. If she will live with this girl in one house for the next year, she wanted everything to be okay and straight between them.

"Hi. I'm Lexa," she said, stretching out her hand.

"Hi. I'm Clarke," the blonde answered, reaching for Lexa's hand, looking into her eyes and smirking.

And as green met blue something between them created.