12 - Could I steal a kiss?

When Lexa woke up, she only found the empty place, for where Clarke was sleeping. She checked their bathroom and her room, but Clarke wasn't there. Lexa decided to went downstairs. That's where she found her.

The blonde was standing in the kitchen. She had an apron and was holding a pan. Many, many pancakes were laying on the floor, counter, and table. Her hair was in a messy bun, with flour in it. Flour was also on the floor, but still mostly on Clarke.

Now Clarke was trying to flip the pancake on her pan, but she did too strong, and it stayed on the ceiling.

"Seriously?" Clarke asked, shocked, looking up, with wide-open mouth.

Lexa couldn't keep her laugh for longer. "What are you doing?" Clarke looked at her surprised and a little bit frightened.

"Well... I wanted to make you a breakfast, but... kinda... failed it," she pointed at the ceiling, then at the floor and counter.

Lexa giggled. She stepped to her, avoiding pancakes.

"Good morning," she said, placing a soft kiss on Clarke's lips.

"Mmmm. Very good," Clarke answered, smiling.

"I thought, you said, you couldn't cook."

"I did, and still can't."

Lexa laughed once again. "Come on. Let me help you."

Lexa took the pan from Clarke, while Clarke tried to somehow clean the mess she made. It took her five minutes to get the kitchen how it was before she came, and Lexa already made the breakfast for them. They ate it in comfortable silence, only enjoying each other's presence.

After that, they walked upstairs.

"You wanna take shower first?" Lexa asked Clarke

"I already took it," she smiled, pointing at her. Lexa noticed that Clarke was already dressed up.

"Right."

Clarke packed, while Lexa took a shower. She got dressed and packed too, and they could finally go to school.

All the way to school, they were holding their hands, and on the parking lot obviously let go.

This time Lexa was ready for this, and she wasn't as disappointed as she was the last time.

They walked to the group, and a few friends were already there. They sat between Jasper and Mya, and Monty and Harper. Both Harper and Mya were sitting on their boyfriends' laps.

Clarke started talking about something with Lincoln, that was sitting in front of them.

The girls sat really close, but still, Lexa would prefer having Clarke on her laps. She looked at Clarke and the blonde felt this stare. She smiled at Lexa, making her stomach flip.

"Lexa," Mya spoke up as Clarke started talking with Lincoln again. Lexa looked at Mya. "Is there something between you two?"

Lexa for a moment looked at Clarke, scared that she might heard that. But she didn't. She still was focused on the talk between her and Lincoln.

"Yes. There is a huge something between us," Lexa wanted to say. Instead of that, she told Mya:

"No. Of course not. We are just friends," she nodded, smiling lightly. 'Friends' hurt her like hell. But she still lied Mya.

Lexa was aware that Clarke wanted to keep that as a secret. She had a thought, that maybe Clarke was ashamed of her, but she also doubted that. Clare was more likely ashamed of herself.