25 - Thought it'd be a nice surprise

"Girls, need your help out here!" Abby shouted from the kitchen. Lexa and Clarke looked at each other, and fastly ran there. "Lexa, could you take the chicken out of the oven. Clarke, I need you to put the pasta under the cold water."

Lexa with one firm move opened the oven and white smoke flew off. Lexa bent down shocked, coughing as the smoke got into her lumps. "Gosh!" she mumbled. She put gloves on and took the chicken out, closing the oven with her ass. The chicken went right on the table.

"Clarke, thanks. You can go now, I don't want you to mess up anything," Abby said, starting cutting the vegetables very fastly.

Clarke spat in disbelief, but nodded as she knew how bad  she was in the kitchen. "What's the rush for?"

"I invited someone," she answered, smirking.

"Who?" Lexa and Clarke looked shocked at Abby.

"His name is Marcus. We've been seeing each other for a month now."

Clarke's jaw dropped. "And you thought the best way for us to meet each other was at Christmas?"

"Well, yes. And I hope you'll behave, because I actually like him," she answered. And then she looked at Lexa from under her knife. "I'm obviously not talking to you. I'm sure you'll behave, you know, Clarke's the one I'm worried about." Lexa nodded understandingly.

"Umm, hello? I'm still here," Clarke waved at them. She was sitting at the counter, that was right behind Abby and Lexa. They both just laughed from her.

"Alright, now, let's mix up salad with pasta," Abby told Lexa. The brunette nodded and did as told. They all heard then door ring calling. "Clarke, could you open? Please, be nice."

Clarke sighed, but nodded, and then walked to the door. As she opened them, she did not see a man, as she thought she would, but a woman.

"Umm, good afternoon?" she said out of a slight shock.

"Good afternoon," the woman answered with some kind of grace in her voice. She looked Clarke up and down, for a second staying at the stain on her shirt. Clarke noticed the stare, blushed, and tried to cover the stain with her hand.

"Can I help you, miss?" Clarke asked. She eyed the woman more closely. She weared some fancy dress, overally looked very fancy.

"Your name is Clarke Griffin?" she asked, Clarke just nodded. "I bet you can. I'm Lexa's..."

"Mum..." Clarke heard from behind her. She looked at Lexa, that was staring in shock at the woman. Clarke's nice smile slipped off in a second she realized. She turned to the woman again.

"You... oh..." she stared from her to Lexa and from Lexa to her.

Lexa seemed to only slightly notice Clarke's presence as she was more focused on her mother. All of those feelings that's been hid for these few months without her came striking. Pain, hurt, heartbreak, but also slight of relief and love, that every daughter holds toward their mothers no mather how hard mother hurts daughter..

"What... are you doing here?" Lexa only managed to say.

"Thought it'd be a nice surprise! I haven't seen you in months!" She's suddenly done something, she'd never done before, perhaps because Clarke and now also Abby were watching her. She pulled Lexa into hug. Lexa was totally shocked, as the only love she's ever experienced was from Clarke and Costia. Her mother was never showing off any emotions toward Lexa.

"Well, it'd be nicer if I'd know there's gonna be one more person, but it's still nice to meet you, miss Woods," Abby said, and stepped into the already very awkward situation with her half jokingly smile. She exchanged her hand to other woman, as Lexa stepped from the hug.