29 - It's my mom

"Lexa! What happened?"

As Clarke came to the bathroom, she immediately got to Lexa. She was terrified of what she saw.

Lexa was sitting under the shower, with all her clothes on. There was blood all over her. On her hands, on her face, on her white T-shirt. She cried.

Clarke reached for Lexa, grabbing her from the floor. Lexa snuggled into Clarke's shoulder. She closed Lexa in a tight embrace. Now she also was wet and bloody, but she didn't care. She wanted to know what happened to her, but first she decided to take care of her.

After a few minutes, Lexa stepped back from the embrace. The blood was Lexa's. She was bleeding from her nose. As Clarke noticed it, she made Lexa sit on the toilet. She grabbed some gauze from the cabinets and as gently as she was able to, she washed off the blood from Lexa's face. She checked if nose was broken, but it wasn't.

"It's not broken. Could you wait for me here? I'll be back in a few seconds," Clarke said, looking easily at Lexa. Lexa just nodded as she was unsure of her voice.

Clarke went to Lexa's room and grabbed a big sweatshirt and shorts. In the next second, she was again next to Lexa. She gave her dry, clean clothes and turned around to walk out of the room. She wanted to give Lexa some private space.

"It's fine," Lexa whispered, stopping Clarke. "Just turn around"

"Sure," Clarke answered.

After a minute Clarke could turn around to Lexa. She was looking much better now, in clean, dry clothes. Lexa again sat on the toilet, waiting for Clarke's next move. Clarke took Lexa's hairbrush and softly tried to brush the knots out of Lexa's hair.

Once it was done, she took Lexa's hand and guide them to their room. Both of them sat on the bed. Clarke was staring into those green eyes until Lexa finally looked at her.

"It's my mom," she whispered. A little bit quieter and Clarke would have problems hearing it. "She found out... about us. You know, when we went outside and kissed. She saw it, as she was outside, too. I was shopping, she found me, and hit me. She said that her daughter can't be gay, and if she is, she is dead to her." Tears again started to stream from her eyes, down her face. Clarke immediately whipped them out with her thumb. "I never told her about Costia. Even when I went to her funeral my mom thought that it was just a girl from the school. I was... afraid. Of how she could react... I guess now I know." For a moment there was a bitter smile on her face, then she looked very seriously at Clarke again. "Tell me. Is there something wrong with me? I always thought that she was the problem, but now I think that maybe all this time it was just me..." Lexa couldn't look into Clarke's eyes. She finally said what was sitting deep inside her.

Clarke took her face in both of her hands, making Lexa look at her. Still, those green eyes were staring at something behind Clarke. "Babe, look at me." Forest stared into the ocean. Her eyes got watery. "You are not a problem," Clarke said, firmly. "Do you understand me? Your mother... She is just-- toxic. You deserve a whole world and even more. You deserve to be with who you want to be. Don't let anyone tell you that it's different." Lexa nodded.

Their lips met. But this kiss was different than others. Lexa filled it with all the sadness she was feeling right now, Clarke gave her the comfort she needed.

Lexa slowly leaned at her bed, pulling Clarke too. Clarke was the one who pulled away. When green met blue both of them grinned to each other. 

"Could you just stay with me?" Lexa asked, looking hopefully at Clarke.

"Of course," she responded, then take off her trousers and laid next to Lexa. She embraced her. And when Lexa's breath became steady and even, Clarke could fall asleep too.