22 - waffles

"Guys, you finally come back!" Clarke squealed when she saw the group coming out of the bus.

It's been a week since they got kicked out and Clarke kinda missed them. Lexa did too, but she also really appreciated extra time with Clarke. Clarke obviously did too, but she missed her friends more than Lexa.

"Oh, I doubt you two missed us as much," Octavia answered, smiling widely. Girls closed in a tight hug.

"Yeah. I mean you definitely had more fun alone, than you would have with us," Murphy stopped just in front of them. He smiled, and hugged Clarke.

"I even missed you, Murphy," Clarke patted his back.

"Who would have seen that one coming," he answered, looking at her, ironically.

"Not me," Lexa added. He smirked to her too and they hugged.

After a few hugs and "hi"s they moved to their cars.

"Honestly, you didn't miss much," Raven said. "Ms. Simons seemed to be satisfied by you not being there, tho."

Clarke and Lexa both sighed. "I don't find it surprising, do you Lex?" Clarke looked seriously at Lexa, but deep down she tried really hard not to laugh. Obviously, Ms. Simons was happy about it.

"Nope. Not at all," Lexa shook her head for no and put an arm around the blonde.

"So, we thought that we could meet at Trikru later. You're probably tired of the rode so like maybe two or three hours from now?" Clarke looked at them all. It wasn't hard to notice that they all were sleepy and also very tired. Their moves were kinda lazy and slow, their eyes were barely open.

"Sure," They all mumbled and got into different cars.

As all friends drove away Clarke and Lexa started walking to the direction of house. They decided to walk to school, thought it would be healthier and nicer. School wasn't so far away, anyway, so they thought why not. They even took Heda with them for the long walk. And she was really happy about it.

"I was thinking of your present for Christmas..." Lexa started and smiled to Clarke.

But the blonde only interrupted her. "I want it to be surprise." She nodded firmly and looked along herself.

"Oh, um... sure." Lexa smiled and nodded, too. "Same."

"Great," Clarke smiled even wider.

But Lexa wasn't as happy. She was horrible at presents. She's been thinking about some perfect present since the beginning of December, so almost half the month now. Maybe some art accessories, or some good math books. But no, it needed to be something more personal. She was her girlfriend, she couldn't give her a math book. Lexa thought of something she was good at, but she couldn't find anything that would match with making a present.

She saw some nice albums ideas, the one that would have some quotes and pictures and draws, but they still didn't have so many pictures together to fill the album. She thought of some trip together, just the two of them, but those professional were too expensive, and she wasn't able to put up some on her own.

"What are you thinking about?" Clarke looked into her eyes, smiling nicely, totally unaware.

Lexa got out of her thoughts. "I- I was thinking..." She looked around only with her eyes. "Where are we."

Clarke stopped, which made Lexa and Heda stop too. She looked around and noticed something, then she smiled to Lexa widely. Lexa answered the same, but shier, totally confused what was that about it.

"Look there," she pointed at her left. As Lexa looked there, her eyes widened and smiled appeared immediately. It was the waffle booth from their first date. She didn't even realize that they were here right now. "I think, there might the best sunset view nearby."

"Heda's too tired to go there, though you would like to get your girlfriend to buy you some waffles?"

They both were smiling from one ear to another.

"Yes, please, girlfriend," Clarke nodded and pecked Lexa's lips.

She sat at some bench and held Heda, while Lexa walked to the booth. The blonde watched her every step, and the brown haired realized of it. She swayed her hips all way there and as she stood under the booth, she briefly smirked to Clarke.

And after a few minutes she returned to her with two waffles. She handed one Clarke and they headed to home once again.

"You are amazing!" Clarke said, after she bit into the waffle. It tasted amazing. She couldn't help, but once again peck Lexa, this time on her cheek. She left some powdered sugar on her cheek, but it didn't stop Lexa's stomach from making a flip. They've been together for a few months now, but she still had her belly full of butterflies. "Oh, sorry." Clarke wiped the sugar as she noticed it. Lexa only smiled in response.

***

"We won't eat anything. We had waffles before and we're still full," Clarke said, shooking her head for no.

The group finally rested and now they were at Trikru.

"But you can obviously," she added. She wasn't sure if it was a necessary, but she still said that. Just for sure.

"Oh. I definitely will. I'm starving," Lincoln announced, looking into the menu.

They ordered, the girls took only a glass of water, and the group started telling how the rest of trip was. Clarke curiously listened to it, Lexa only pretended, she still thought of present for Clarke. She also thought a bit about her mom. It was the first Christmas that they were going to spend alone.

"Have you guys thought of college, yet?" Lexa said out of nowhere. They all stopped their conversation about Murphy and Bellamy finding a way to swim in the waterfall, and looked at her.

"Yeah. We've been thinking about it, and we both agreed on going to Polis university together, like for 99%," Clarke nodded.

"Luna and I talked about it, too, and we want to go to Polis, too," Raven spoke first. She looked at Luna for assurance and Luna nodded, smiling.

"I want to hit higher, actually," Octavia looked at them. "Harvard." She nodded.

Lincoln looked at her surprised. "What? Really?" Octavia nodded, shyly. "Why haven't you told me?" he whispered, though everyone could hear him. They stared at each other and the whole group looked away. Oops.

"Because I'm still thinking about it," she whispered back. They all could see that she didn't want to have this conversation here, right now.

"Yeah, anyway. Everyone is highly uncomfortable, so I'm gonna cut this off, for you and for myself. I am not going to college," Murphy said. They all looked at him shocked. "Surprise!" he said and satisfied of their reaction he sat easily in his seat and just took the sip of his water. But no one answered him as they all waited for more from him. "I mean, I don't have so good grades and I don't need it." He just shrugged. "I always wanted to open my own bakery, so I'm gonna do it." He was met with a wave of laughter, so he frowned. "I'm serious." Now they stayed quiet.

"Okay, Murphy made us confused, Linctavia uncomfortable, so I'm gonna take a lead now," Monty said, and took the whole attention of them. "I am going to MIT. I mean, I already got in. I applied earlier, cause they gave such a possibility, so there it is."

"Well, congrats, Monty. Especially, that you didn't tell us. Even me," Harper frowned at him and faked smile.

"Let's not get into another fight, alright. Who else?" Clarke continued.

"I thought of Brown," Harper shrugged.

"Mya and I want to go to Polis either," Jasper announced and smiled at his girl.

"Nice," Clarke nodded.

"Well, I still don't know," Lincoln admitted.

"Same," Bellamy added.

"Okay. So I think this topic we've got behind us. Great." Clarke nodded and smiled.