26 - Metaphoric lock to your heart

"Clarke, love, wake up," Lexa whispered very quietly. She soothed gently hair off Clarke's cheek. Clarke hummed in answer. She opened her eyes slightly to see the most beautiful view she could ever ask for. Lexa smiled when green met blue. "We need to get up before she'll break into this room."

Clarke yawned. "Why are we whispering?" she asked, as quietly.

"She's in the bathroom."

"Oh, I see," she nodded and yawned again.

Lexa smiled peacefully. One last time she glanced at Clarke and then she stood up. She slowly walked to the door of bathroom and then knocked on them.

"Mum, you're there?" she asked, now louder. Her voice was still raspy.

"Yeah, you both can come in."

Lexa opened the door and saw her mother there already dressed. She had some formal shirt and black jeans. She was putting on a slight makeup. Clarke rolled off the bed, too, and showed up right behind Lexa. She tried hard to get her eyes off Lexa's ass, but Lexa's short shorts weren't making it easy for her.

When Lexa walked deeper into bathroom, Clarke walked there, too.

"Good morning, miss Woods," she said, as she noticed Lexa's mum.

"Morning, child." Sonja slightly nodded at the blonde. She looked then at Lexa in the mirror. "I still think it was very inappropriate. Two girls in one bed..." Lexa almost choked on her toothpaste.

Clarke decided to help her. She stepped closer to the woman. "I swear to you, miss, there was nothing inappropriate in it. We were separated as much as we could, laying on two sides of bed, as far away as we could." Clarke tried very hard to keep her face straight. It was stupid, it would've been even when they were just friends. What's s inappropriate in two girls sleeping in one bed? Weren't sleepovers exactly about it?

"Well, that's good. I could agree on Lexa sleeping with me, but I'm worried the bed's too small for us both," Sonja said. She ended her makeup. She now just stared at herself in the mirror.

"Really, that's fine." Clarke nicely smirked to Sonja. "Like I said, we'll survive those few nights." She nodded, as an assurance for Lexa's mom.

"Alright, then. I'll stop worrying about it." She turned more to her daughter. "Should I go downstairs?"

"I suppose," Lexa answered, shrugging. "If Abby won't be there, then you can just wait for us. We'll get ready and go there real soon."

Sonja without word just walked out of the bathroom. As they heard footsteps on the stairs, they closed the door.

"You won't take ill, if I say, that she's kinda annoying?" Clarke whispered, looking into green eyes in the mirror.

Lexa chuckled. "No, I won't. I know my mother well enough to agree with you."

"Good, cause she's really annoying and that's only day one."

When girls got ready and changed into something more comfortable, they walked downstairs. Under the Christmas tree they saw a few presents. Abby already waited for them at the couch. Clarke walked into kitchen to make both of them coffee. She almost stumbled, when she saw Sonja and Kane conversing there.

"Oh, hi there," Kane smiled, when he saw Clarke staring at him. He chuckled as he noticed her expression.

"Umm... hi." She walked closer. "Were you... here... all..."

"Night? No. I just got here," he smiled to her kindly.

"Oh, good." She sighed, relieved. "I mean-- I mean, if you'd be here all night, it'd be good either, but you know, it's a relief that you didn't and-- and I'll shut up right now," she nodded, looked down, and came back to Lexa.