30 - They know, don't they?

"Girls! If you are sleeping, I swear to God, I'll--" Abby screamed from downstairs. It was first day of school after the Christmas break. It was very late and they didn't even get downstairs.

"We are coming!" Clarke answered.

Abby's scream was good enough to have her in a sitting position. They were still in bed. Lexa would be probably still sleeping if not for Clarke's sudden move that woke her up. 

The blonde looked terrified at the brunette. "We are late!" she screamed-whispered and quickly got up from the bed.

As soon as Lexa realized, she got up from bed and rushed into the toilet. She started brushing her hair with one hand, and teeth with other. Clarke at the time started choosing clothes for both of them.

At the time Lexa was finished with teeth and hair, Clarke was already dressed. Now it was time for Lexa to change and Clarke to do the most important bathroom activities. There was no time for shower or make-up.

Soon, they were running downstairs, where Abby with not so impressed look was waiting for them.

"Jeez, finally," she said, and they all got to the car.

Evening before, Abby promised them that she'd give them a ride on her way to hospital. She didn't realize then that girls would oversleep.

Luckily for them, there wasn't any traffic jaw on the way to school. Clarke and Lexa got out of the car at the moment the second bell rang, informing students that the first lesson began.

They both divided to their classes. Clarke walked into the classroom right with the teacher. She sat at her seat, between Octavia and Raven.

First class after Christmas. No one knew what happened at Griffin's house after New Year party. Lexa still was recovering and trying to understand everything that happened, fully. But that was a lot to proceed for her. Clarke wanted to give her time, she understood that it must've been hard for her. As much as Sonja was making her miserable, she still was her mother, her family.

As Clarke unpacked her things out of her bag, she noticed that both, Raven and Octavia, were staring at her, with their worried faces. Clarke noticed, not having any idea, that they both already knew about Sonja. To be precise, their whole group knew.

"What?" the blonde finally asked, not baring their stares anymore.

"We know about Lexa--" Raven whispered.

Clarke's jaw dropped, Octavia gazed at Raven, mad. They planned to tell her gently, perhaps ask how was Lexa before. But obviously, Raven immediately cut to the chase.

"Wha-- how?"

"Jasper. He was coming back from Maya's on his bike, you know, he lives at the same street. He was driving by, when he saw opened door. He got worried, he started walking to your house, when he heard screams and then the conversation. He didn't hear it all, but enough to know that it didn't end well--"

Clarke looked down, sighing. How low was the possibility of someone they knew driving by exactly when the fight happened?

"Yeah, it didn't. Lexa is a mess... And very fragile about it, could you not tell her that you know for now?"

"Oh, of course," they both nodded.

"Girls! Am I interrupting you?" the teacher asked them coldly, annoyed with their whispers from the back of the classroom.

Raven glanced at him and smiled politely. "Actually, no. We just finished."

Chuckle went around the classroom. Octavia and Clarke stared from Raven, at the teacher, waiting for his reaction.

To tell he was shocked would be a understatement. But the whole class was waiting for him, so he just shook it off and came back to what he was doing before.

***

"They know, don't they?" Lexa asked, immediately after she dragged Clarke out of the building. She had a clear fear in her eyes.

"Know what?" Clarke answered, really confused.

"About Sonja, and me?"

Clarke was hesitant with her answer for a second. Second too long.

"Oh god," Lexa backed, shocked.

"How would they know?"

"You tell me, you know." Lexa crossed her arms, waiting for Clarke.

The blonde sighed and nodded. "Jasper was driving by and he heard everything."

Lexa growled angrily and looked down. "They know..."

"Yeah, but it's fine," Clarke answered, nodding, tho Lexa wasn't even looking at her. She stepped closer to her, putting one hand on her arm. "They're our friends. Remember? Do you remember when I was so scared to come out? And you were so annoyed but also tired." Lexa looked up, wanting to assure Clarke that she was never annoyed with her, but Clarke kept talking. "And I was tired, too. We live in such a cruel world, where people say 'be brave, don't care what other thinks' and then they don't even accept who we love. Cause what's the difference? We're all humans, so why there are still people that choose hate? World is cruel, it's always been, and it will be. But we got each other. And we got friends. Friends that accept us no matter what, because that's what friendship is really about. Not the differences." Lexa stared at Clarke, feeling tears coming to her eyes. "Your mom... maybe one day, she'll understand, that what she did was wrong. But... for now, we got each other. And we go through that world together. No matter what. Okay?"

Lexa nodded, immediately embracing Clarke in a tight hug. "I love you so fucking much," she whispered, closing her eyes, hardly trying to get rid of the tears.

"I love you, too," Clarke answered, pulling Lexa closer to her chest. "Always and forever."