2 - WOODS

The beeping from the alarm clock woke Lexa up. Friday. She took a short shower, then put her clothes on and walk down.

This morning was different. This time her mother was sitting at the table, eating her breakfast. Lexa's healthy meal was waiting for her at the table. Lexa sat down next to Sonja and started eating.

"Good morning, mother," she said as kindly as she could. She had a plan. The past afternoon she was thinking about how her mother could react in every possible way Lexa would tell her big news. She knew that it all depended on it.

"Good morning, daughter," Sonja answered. Her tone was emotionless, as always. Lexa hated it so much. She always had to make herself to don't scream at Sonja for that, to doń't beg her to express any of the human emotion. Lexa couldn't even remember when was the last time she saw anything on her mother's face.

The few minutes passed in complete silence. Lexa was stressed. When she finally was sure of what she is going to tell, Sonja said:

"Principal called, you know?"

Lexa froze. She didn't think about the possibility that Mister Smith would tell Sonja about the exchange before Lexa would try.

Lexa cleared her throat. "Mister Smith?"

"Yes. He told me about the student exchange." Sonja looked at Lexa for the first time this morning.

"Before you say anything..."

"I think it's a great idea'" Sonja surprised Lexa. She wasn't sure how she should react.

"You do?" Lexa burbled finally.

"Yes. School at Polis is much better than here, at TonDC. There was only one issue that bothered me. But Mister Smith assured me that I'll be able to see all of your grades online, so I guess it's not a problem anymore."

And that was the end of their conversation. That was actually the last thing that they said to each other this day. After an exhausting day in school, Lexa came back home, made her homework, studied, and fell asleep with a thought, that it's the last time she is doing it in this house. That tomorrow she will wake up, pack herself up, and in the evening make her way straight to the airport to fly to her new life.

In the next morning, Lexa was harshly wake up by her mother.

"Why are you still asleep? It's already 9 a.m." Sonja was standing at the entrance of Lexa's room. Lexa rolled eyes. Sonja wanted Lexa to always wake up early. Sonja was the early bird in this family, not Lexa.

"It's also Saturday. Chill!" Lexa said half aware of what she said. Still, she didn't have to wait long to find out.

"Don't you dare tell me to chill. You're still not packed."

"Yeah. But departure is at 8 p.m.," Lexa reminded it to Sonja, forcing herself to look at her. Lexa rubbed her eyes a little, she was still not woken well.

"No, it's not. When you slept here departure has changed. Now it's at 3 p.m." Sonja said and walked away from Lexa's room.

"Oh, shit!"

"Do not swear!"

Lexa made it. She did pack herself up. And it was still a lot of time. She took a long, relaxing shower. Then put on her favorite hoodie with a sprocket wheel on the back and comfortable sweats. The way to the airport took them about half an hour. On the airport, Lexa and Sonja did everything they had to, they go everywhere together until Sonja couldn't follow Lexa further.