XXXVI

"It seems our plan of scaring the little wife into hiding has worked like a charm." The man smirked as he mentioned Giuliana Graziano. She was an innocent by the Cosa Nostra's standards but he went by his own rule book and the wife of his biggest rival was fair game as far as he was concerned.

"You don't think she'll show her face anytime soon?" The blonde that sat seductively on the desk before him asked. She crossed her legs and arched her back to force her chest outward, but it was all in vain. The man sipping from a tumblr of whiskey could've cared less, if anything he found her utterly repulsive. Tiffany Moretti was a means to an end, just like Giuliana Graziano was going to be.

"It depends on her husband," Enzo Santorelli watched her reaction as he spoke. "They're old school Sicilians, she follows his lead. Anything that happens is up to him."

Tiffany sneered at the words 'her husband,' for all the years that she had spent being Giovanni's mistress she thought he would eventually see her as wife material. She knew that he had been promised to another woman but at the time she had chosen to ignore it. She hadn't bothered to give his fiancé a second thought, as she enjoyed the many perks of being with him. He had bought her a car, clothes, paid the rent at her new apartment, paid for any and all maintenance that she needed to keep up her appearance, the list was endless. Tiffany realized now that the materialistic things he had gifted her were only to keep her pacified. She was merely a side chick while his fiancé waited in the wings. Now she relied on Enzo Santorelli to fund her lifestyle, Giovanni had taken everything back after she had attempted to kill his wife. 'That little bitch.' Tiffany had been reduced to doing whatever Enzo Santorelli wanted for money, and by anything she meant anything.

Enzo chuckled as her face turned red. "You didn't really think that Giovanni Graziano considered you special, did you? He had a dozen women lined up, you were just the only one that never got the hint and went away quietly."

"Shut the fuck up," Tiffany hissed through clenched teeth. "I'll get him back!"

"Why would he want you? He has his perfect virgin wife now. Besides I highly doubt Graziano would ever whore Giuliana out like he did you. If you were that important to him, then why did you keep working at his clubs? You still worked in the back rooms didn't you, offering special privileges to the clients that paid enough?"

She didn't respond, there was nothing to say. Enzo was right and Tiffany hated him for it. Giovanni would come to visit her whenever he needed to release his pent up aggression, but he still expected her to work for him. It was an uncomfortable truth that she had yet to admit to herself. She had been an employee that had sex with the boss, nothing more. The other women that had worked alongside of her had chastised her for expecting more from him, he was promised to another he could never be hers. But she obviously hadn't listened.

"By the way," Enzo spoke again. "How have you been doing with the other Bellucci girl?"

"Monica?"

Enzo nodded as he took another sip from his glass. "The middle daughter, correct?"

"Yeah she's older than the wife by a year, but she doesn't text back as often as she used to. I'm not sure what's going on with that."

He shrugged, "Maybe she's been found out. The Bellucci's aren't a stupid bunch, they have eyes and ears everywhere."

Tiffany shook her head, "I don't think so. She's a smart girl, smarter than her sister that's for sure."

"How do you know that? You've had one conversation with Giuliana Graziano, and if memory serves me correctly she did a number on your face." Enzo openly smirked as he recalled the bruised and bloodied face that had been courtesy of the young brunette. "Didn't she take a stapler to your nose?"