II (Revised)

2 years later

"Giuliana Maria Bellucci," the Dean of St. Mary's Academy called the name of the youngest Bellucci child to the stage to receive her diploma. Giuliana had spent the better part of her teenage years at the elite all-girls boarding school, it was a nice distraction from her marriage situation. The girls at her school were unaware, she chose to leave that part of her life at home with her parents. Monica had graduated only a year before her and had moved back in with her parents, all the while arguing on behalf of her sister.

Giuliana had been tipped off by her older siblings that her fiancé and his family would be attending her graduation ceremony, as well as the lunch that would follow after. She had yet to see an actual picture of her fiancé, she was curious to see what he looked like. According to the rumors and gossip from other women in the mafia was that he jumped from woman to woman, so he must be good looking to have the ability to do that. Giuliana wasn't going to pretend to be knowledgeable about sex, she had been sheltered her entire life. Monica was how she got most of her information and she wasn't sure how truthful her sister was, and Isabella was much too shy to talk about things like that.

She shook hands with the Dean and other members of the administration, all congratulated her on her 4.2 GPA. After finding out about her arranged marriage Giuliana devoted all her time and energy into her schoolwork, anything to distract her from her situation back home. Giuliana had decided to go to college, even if she had to live at home she was still going to go. It would have all been for nothing if her parents had poured $50,000 a year into her tuition and she didn't at least try to get a degree.

After final congratulations were given and the graduates were allowed to leave, Giuliana met her family outside of the historic building where the auditorium was housed on St. Mary's campus. She spoke to several of her school friends as she waited for her family and eventually her finance's family to meet up with her.

"Congratulations principessa!" The voices of her grandfather and grandmother, Giuseppe and Sofia Bellucci, made Giuliana look up from her nude colored pointed toe pumps and smile. Her Nonna Sofia stepped up to press a kiss to each cheek, while her brother's namesake, Nonno Giuseppe, gave her a bouquet of light pink roses. "Grazi," Giuliana thanked her grandparents who had made the trip all the way from Palermo, Sicily.

"Good job Giuliana!" Monica and Isabella rushed up to hug the last Bellucci child to graduate, while their mother dabbed away tears. Donatella Bellucci had dedicated her life to raising her children and now that the last one had finally graduated high school, she was an empty nester. Giuseppe, better known as Joe in order to tell the difference between grandfather and grandson, and Marco came up each giving her bouquets of multicolored daisies.

Salvatore pulled his daughter into a hug and kissed the top of her head, as he too gave her a bouquet of flowers. It was rare that their father showed any type of affection or emotion, but he had been especially kind to Giuliana ever since she was blindsided on her sixteenth birthday. the guilt had been eating at him, but he knew that Giuliana was tough. "You have some guests who would like to offer their congratulations as well," he stepped away so that the Esposito family could come into view.

Giuliana saw Anthony first, whom she had met many years ago as a child, and Philomena Graziano. They both offered smiles to their future daughter in-laws and congratulated her. "You are such a smart girl," Philomena leaned in to hug Giuliana. "When they were listing off all of your clubs and accomplishments I was blown away!" Giuliana's face spread into her signature smile that showed off her perfect teeth, feeling suddenly bashful under the attention and praise.

"Thank you," Giuliana said returning Philomena's hug. She was relieved to know that her future mother-in-law was a kind hearted woman, it would make the transition from Bellucci to Graziano so much easier. "And this is Giovanni," Anthony waved over a man in a dark suit, almost black hair, and an olive skin tone. His dark brown eyes were piercing as he looked at her, and his Armani suit didn't hide his muscles. Giuliana didn't have much experience with guys, but she definitely knew that Giovanni Graziano was a man and not a boy.