XXX

It had been three weeks since Laura had moved into the Graziano mansion and things had been quiet where Matteo was concerned. Laura was finally starting to act like her old self, like the Laura that Giuliana knew from her childhood. There had barely been any discussion of her moving back in with her husband, and the one time that Laura brought it up Giovanni had waved it off. Giuliana had to admit that through all of their problems, she knew that she had lucked out with her husband. He not only cared for her, but also her family members.

On top of that, he had also been supportive of her taking over renovations for his top casino. Now it was finally time for the new and improved Atlantic Quarter to be revealed. To say Giuliana was nervous would be an understatement, she had spent nearly two hours picking out the perfect outfit. She wanted to dress to impress, after all this grand reopening was going to be overflowing with members of the Graziano Family and their clientele. Giovanni had filled her in on the type of people that belonged to the New Jersey based casino, and they definitely would be expecting her to look her best. In the end she settled on a blood red colored cocktail dress with thin straps and a built in push-up bra, that ended mid thigh. She paired it with gold spiked Louboutins and a thin gold choker around her neck. When she emerged from the walk in closet, Gio immediately narrowed his eyes at her outfit.

"What? Don't you like it?" She asked innocently as she gave a little twirl.

"I like it," Giovanni nodded. "And I'm sure all the men in attendance tonight will like it as well."

Giulia gave a little laugh, "Don't worry, I'm not in the market for a new husband."

"That's good to know."

Giulia picked up her gold clutch from the bedside table. "Will your parents be there tonight?"

"My mother has plans for dinner and the theater with friends, my father will probably pop in for half an hour and then leave."

"I would think that he would be more interested in how his business is being received at its grand reopening," Giulia furrowed her eyebrows.

Gio just shrugged, "He says he's got other things to check in on tonight. It's better he's not there, if he sees anything that he doesn't like he wouldn't have a problem telling you in front of everybody."

"I can handle Anthony Graziano, Gio."

He let out a chuckle, "I'm sure you can give him a run for his money. But he's my problem to deal with, not yours."

Giuliana leaned up and pressed a quick kiss to his mouth, "Your problems are my problems, remember? We're a team."

He grinned back down at her, "Yeah."

"Are you ready to go? I'm sure Laura and Vinnie are already waiting for us downstairs, and I want to be early to the grand opening. I want to make sure everything's perfect."

He led her out of their bedroom and down the marble staircase. "I'm sure everything will be fine. Did I tell you I invited your parents and your brothers?"

Giulia stopped and turned to him, mouth agape. "What? Did they say if they were coming or not?" 

"Joe and Marco said they were going to clear their schedules so they could make it. But your father has a meeting with union workers tonight, he said he'd do his best to get there."

"Now everything has to be absolutely perfect!" She declared.

"Why? They're just your family."

"My mother is a perfectionist, she's going to notice every single detail. Ever since I can remember she's thrown elaborate, over the top parties. She's going to expect that I've learned something from her."