X (Revised)

The Next Morning- 11:00 AM

Monica barged into Giuliana's room the next morning, she had been in and out the entire night after Giovanni had left. She had used a makeup wipe to remove Giuliana's makeup and had stayed next to her, with her phone in hand to call Giovanni, just in case Giuliana became sick again. Giuliana was seated at her vanity, she was able to walk and talk, but she still felt sluggish but was able to convince her mother that she was just sick. She didn't have anything to do today and planned to stay at home.

"I'm glad to see you up," Monica said, "I was so scared last tonight." She sat down on the edge of the bed trying to blink away her tears before Giuliana saw, "So do you remember last night at all?"

"Yeah, some parts are fuzzy but I remember most of it," Giuliana said as she applied her makeup for the day.

"What do you remember?"

"Gio showing up at the club, ending up at the doctor's office, and him taking me home."

Monica was intrigued, "What doctor's office did you go to?"

"Dr. Bianchi, he seemed to know Giovanni really well," Giuliana applied a light pink lip gloss. "He had his driver pick me up some new clothes last night."

"Yeah I saw that you were wearing a sweatshirt," Monica said, "You were really weak?" Giuliana nodded her head. "So did Giovanni change your clothes?"

"Yeah...he was really nice last night," Giuliana paused, "He stayed next to me almost the entire time."

"Almost the entire time? What does that mean?" Monica asked confused.

"I don't want to talk about that," Giuliana said beginning to feel embarrassed all over again, "It's just humiliating."

"It can't be that bad," Monica tried to reassure her, "You can tell me."

Giuliana sighed before saying, "He left for a few minutes to go talk to his driver, Nick, and I freaked out a little."

"Freaked out how?"

"I know I started crying a little, and then I tried to get out of the bed. I don't know why I got so upset."

"How did Giovanni react?"

"He was really sweet about it, he said that I needed to rest and that he wouldn't leave for the rest of the night...and he didn't." Giuliana thought back to how gentle he was, and even though last night had been a complete disaster, the way that Giovanni reacted made her feel a lot better about how their married life would be.

"Wow," Monica said shocked, she had assumed that Giovanni would have been irritated. His older brother Vincent sure had been.

"How was the ride back with Vincent?" Giuliana asked, she had only met the oldest Graziano brother a few times but he was even more serious than Giovanni.

"Awkward, Vincent must think that we're all idiots. He kept telling us how we put ourselves in danger, and how we put you in danger. He really is a stiff, but I think you're going to be getting a really protective brother-in-law," Monica said. "By the way, where are all of your gifts from last night? I know that Giovanni had them loaded up in the back of his car, and I have a place to hide them in the back of my closet."

Giuliana shrugged, "I don't know, he didn't mention anything about them." There was a knock at the door and the maid entered, "Brunch is ready and Miss. Giuliana you have a delivery." After the maid left Giuliana went to her change into light blue skinny jeans, a white blouse, and nude flats. "I wonder what you got?" Monica said walking alongside her sister inc are she needed her help. "I don't know," Giuliana paused then whispered, "I just hope it isn't from that creep Enzo." "Yeah me too," Monica agreed.