XIV (Revised)

A picture of the interior of Gio and Giulia's house is located above.

One Month Later

Within the first month of her marriage to Gio, Giulia had taken him up on his advice and completely redecorated their home. She had redone all of the bedrooms and was now working on the larger rooms. She had decided to have marble floors installed, and had opted for a Grecian style for the home that would compliment the large gardens. The only thing that Gio did not want was for her to flood the house with flowers. He also wanted her to leave his office alone, not that she ever went in there anyway.

The contractor had been employed by the Graziano's for many years and was more than happy to assist the newest Graziano in getting her house exactly as she wanted it. He had made sure that everything was running smoothly and ahead of schedule, it was all about making sure that Giulia was more than happy. Most of the work was installing the marble flooring but his workers also had to carry boxes, install appliances, and change out the fixtures that Giulia replaced. She had a massive crystal chandelier installed in the foyer and a slightly smaller one in the dining room.

She was spending most of her time in the city shopping for new furniture and fixtures. Gio was amazed when she came home every afternoon and had managed to purchase more things. But he was grateful that she had something to occupy her during the day, and it was something that she was excited about. In the mafia life women were kept occupied by children and social events, but Gio and Giulia hadn't discussed kids and when they would have them. Gio planned to bring the topic up soon, they had sex frequently and had not taken any precautions.

"Have you seen the new guest rooms yet?" Giulia asked as she stabbed a piece of her lasagna with her fork. "No I haven't," Gio responded, "I'm sure they look nice, a lot nicer than they did before. The parts of the house that I have seen look great, you made it look like a whole new house"

"Thanks," Giulia smiled. She had worked hard and hoped that Gio appreciated the time and effort that she had put into making the enormous mansion their home, a place that they could live in the rest of their lives. But Gio was genuinely surprised at what Giulia was able to do. It didn't look like a house anymore, it looked like a palace. The only thing that he wasn't complimentary on was how expensive it all was, he may be rich but watched his money like a hawk. However Gio had decided against bringing it up to her, mostly because she was so excited about the finished product. He didn't want to damper her spirit.

They finished dinner and then went up to bed together, as they did most nights unless he had more work to do. Giulia showered a slipped on a short, silk teddy and waited on the bed for Gio to finish his shower. They usually showered together but Gio had decided not to.

Once Giulia saw him come out of the master bathroom with only his towel wrapped around his waist she jumped off the bed and wrapped her arms around his neck, standing on her tip-toes to smash her lips against his. Gio found it hard to resist his wife but he pulled away, forcing himself to remember what he had to discuss with her.

"What is your problem?" Giulia said frustrated. He was acting so weird tonight, usually he loved it when she threw herself at him. She was starting to feel foolish that he was resisting her.

"We need to talk," he said as he pulled on a pair of black boxers.

"That's never a good thing to hear," Giulia said as she sat down on the edge of the bed and watched him pull on a wife beater and sweatpants.

"Are you on birth control?"

"What?!?" This was definitely not what she was expecting to hear from him.