XVII

Isabella made her way into the Bellucci Mansion, balancing her many shopping bags on her arms. It was almost dinner time and her mother would have a fit if she was late. She hoped to be able to sneak all of her things into her room, without running into Monica. Unfortunately luck was not on her side.

"Where have you been all day?" Monica questioned as she closed her textbook that she had been reading from and followed Isabella up the stairs.

"Shopping, they had some great deals at the mall today," she said as she made her way into her bedroom.

"You were at the mall since eleven o'clock?" Monica quirked an eyebrow. "It's almost six, so that means that you would have been shopping for eight hours. That's a record, even for you!"

"I went and got my hair done and then I popped in at the nail salon," Isabella said trying to act distracted by looking at all of her new purchases that she was laying out on her bed.

"Why didn't you ask me to go with you?" Monica frowned.

"I went with Giuliana," Isabella paused, "I invited her to lunch to see how she's been doing since her car accident. She's doing well, the car she was driving is totaled though."

"Good for her," Monica said in a snarky tone.

Isabella huffed, "What is your problem? You knew she was going to marry Giovanni, you've known for four years. What is the big deal?"

"She never comes around anymore! She has completely forgotten about us!"

"Giuliana is married! What do you expect, for her to be here every single day?" Monica didn't respond so Isabella continued, "When I was with her today she was telling about how well Giovanni treats her. Isn't that what we wanted? You were so excited to be apart of all of the wedding planning and parties, what happened? It's almost like you hoping that he would treat her horribly once they were married and alone together, and then she'd run back here."

"Of course I'm glad that she's isn't miserable," Monica grudgingly admitted. "But why can't she include me in any of the renovations that are going on at her new house, or invite me over for lunch. She barely calls anymore, she only talks to Mama."

"She didn't ask me either. Giuliana isn't doing anything to be mean, she's trying to make a home for herself. You need to stop being so selfish. If you don't let up then Giuliana probably won't come around anymore, and that includes when they start having children." Isabella gave her one last glance before she left her bedroom and went to the dining room to wait for dinner with the rest of the family.

At The Graziano Mansion

Giulia walked into her bedroom, carrying all of her shopping bags. She assumed that Gio was in his office, right where she had left him earlier in the day. She loved her new haircut and hoped that Gio did as well. After quickly changing her blouse to a spaghetti strap top, Giulia went downstairs and checked on dinner with Cynthia, who assured her that dinner would be ready within the hour.

She knocked on the massive oak door that led to Gio's home office. It was the only room in the house that he had not allowed for her to touch when she was redecorating. "Come in," came his obviously tired voice.

"I'm back," she offered him a sweet smile as she took in his haggard appearance. He had been running his hands through his hair all afternoon, had tugged his tie off, and unbuttoned the top button of his shirt.

Gio gave her a small smirk in return. "Trying something new?" he took in her haircut.

"What do you think? Do you like it?" She chewed on her bottom lip nervously.