XIII (Revised)

A/N I've changed Giovanni's last name from Esposito to Graziano.

The Next Morning  

Giulia and Gio ate breakfast together in the hotel's café. Their families had also spent the night at the hotel and were still sleeping, but Gio wanted to leave early in the morning so that Giulia could get accustomed to her new home. He also had work to do and didn't have time to wait for Giulia's sisters to wake up, get dressed, and eat with them. From what his brothers had told him, the wedding reception had gone on until the early hours of the morning.

"The hotel is beautiful," Giulia commented before she popped a strawberry into her mouth, "Did you help design it?"

"No, I hired a designer and told them to do whatever they wanted," Gio said.

"They did a great job," Giulia looked around in awe at the elegant interior of The Granada. Giuliana had a great appreciation for design, whether it was fashion or interior design.

"I think you'll like the house then," Gio took a sip of coffee.

"Is it an actual house or an obnoxious excuse for a house?" Giulia asked.

"The latter," he responded, "But you'll find it to be up to your standards." Gio stood up and held out his hand for her to take.

"I don't have any standards," she frowned.

"Sure you don't principessa," he said as his blacked out Escalade pulled up in front of them.

"Your bags have already been loaded into the back sir," the valet said handing Gio the keys and politely smiled to Giulia, "Good morning Mrs. Graziano." The young man walked back into the hotel.

"Mrs. Graziano?" Giulia looked at Gio as they drove through the city.

"You're Mrs. Graziano now?"

"But that's what they call your mother, why can't they call me something else?"

"People need to address you appropriately," Gio responded.

"What about Ms. Giulia? It doesn't make me sound so old."

"Fine, I'll tell them that you prefer to be called Ms. Giulia."

"Thank you," Giulia gazed out of the window, "Where do you live?"

"We live in Tuxedo Park, I had a house built there a few years ago. I figured that you wouldn't want to live in the condo in Manhattan."

"I've never been to Tuxedo Park before."

"It's quiet and the people mind their own business," Gio shrugged, "There aren't too many people that live there."

"How far is it from Long Island?"

"Two hours," he said glancing over at her. He knew that she was going to miss her family, especially her sisters. They all went to boarding school together and had spent the last two years living together and seeing each other everyday.

"Okay," Giulia nodded, "How many people do you have working for you?"

"There are guards that patrol the grounds and that are stationed at the gate, inside there's a maid and a cook that will answer to you," he said. "Since you're the woman of the house you tell them what to do and how you want the house to run."

"So I decide what we eat?" Giulia asked.

Gio nodded, "Except on Sundays, that's when the maid and the cook have the day off. We'll go to my parent's house for Sunday dinner."

"What time would you like to eat throughout the day?"

"I usually eat breakfast at eight and dinner at seven," he said.