XV (Revised)

Giulia sat down in her usual spot in the dining room of the Bellucci home along with the rest of her family. She was being bombarded with questions from everyone but Monica who was remaining oddly quiet. Monica hadn't said anything to her the only person she was talking to was Isabella. But Isabella was eager to speak to her little sister, a month away from each other was like a lifetime to the Bellucci women. 

After dinner the men had to return to work in Salvatore's home office and the women ate dessert in the dining room. "How has married life been so far?" Isabella asked, as the oldest sister she was eager to have the same freedom that Giulia did. 

"It's good. Gio works a lot but I expected that," Giulia said. 

"He's a busy man," Dontella chimed in. "His family owns such a big company."

Giulia nodded in agreement. Her husband workaholic, whether it was by choice or not Giulia didn't know. But Gio didn't complain about the responsibilities that he had or the pressure that he was under. 

"What about you? Are you busy too?" Monica finally spoke to her sister. Her voice was laced with snark and her eyes were trained on Giulia. 

"I keep myself busy," Giulia replied choosing to ignore Monica's snarky behavior. 

"So busy that you can't see you own sisters?"

"Monica don't start," Isabella warned. 

"Don't start what? Giuliana has completely forgot about us!" Monica snapped. "She's so consumed with her husband that she doesn't have time for us!"

"When you get married, your priorities change," Donatella attempted to diffuse the situation. "You'll get married someday and understand."

"I won't forget about my sisters and I won't let my husband control me!"

"Gio doesn't control me!" Giulia spat. 

"You never would have gone an entire moth without seeing us unless someone was telling you to cut us off!" Monica crossed her arms.

"He never told me that I couldn't come see you. You have been acting like this ever since the day after my wedding!"

"Whatever," Monica brushed her off.

"I'm leaving," Giulia stood up and grabbed her purse. "I don't have to deal with this."

"I'm sorry Giuliana. I don't know what her problem is, she's been in a mood every since the wedding." Isabella walked her little sister to the door as Donatella chastised Monica in the other room. 

"It's not your fault Isabella," Giulia sighed running a hand through her hair. "I should get going anyway, it's getting late and I have a two hour drive ahead of me." 

"Okay," Isabella gave her a sad smile. "I'll call you later, maybe we can do get lunch or something?"

"Yeah we should do that," Giulia hugged Isabella goodbye and headed towards the Porsche Cayenne that she had taken for the trip over. 

As she pulled onto the highway Giulia felt guilty for how her conversation with Monica had gone. Was she really being aloof and distant? Or was she just trying to enjoy being a newlywed? She replayed the conversation over and over again in her mind as she drove home. 

She was so wrapped up in her thoughts that she didn't notice the Range Rover from earlier following her and gradually getting closer. The Range Rover was swerving in and out of traffic, driving erratically. It was only when they almost hit another car and got honked at did Giuliana notice the Range Rover following her. When she exited the highway to Tuxedo Park, they followed suit. It was unnerving when it had happened before, but now that it was 10:30 at night it was scary.