XVIII

"Get up," Gio said in a deadly quiet voice. He was watching her every move, she peered back up at him fearfully. She had seen Giovanni the mafia boss in action and it wasn't pretty. She sat up but remained sitting on the coach. "I said to get up Tiffany," he growled. Gio grabbed a fistful of Tiffany's blonde hair and pulled her to a standing position. 

"Giovanni," she whimpered. Tiffany knew the brutality that Giovanni could inflict on someone, she had witnessed it firsthand many times. She had seen that sinister, evil look in his eyes before but she never thought that it would be directed at her. 

"I told you not to mess with her," he gritted out. "I told you to leave her alone. What part of that did you not understand? Did you think I was fucking around?" 

"I didn't try to kill her," Tiffany attempted to reason, figuring it was best to go ahead and admit her part in the car wreck. 

"What were you trying to do?" Giovanni advanced towards her, ready to wrap his hands and her neck and snap it like a twig. 

"I don't know what I was thinking Giovanni! I'm so sorry, please forgive me. I was just so upset that I didn't think about what I was doing!" 

"You weren't thinking when you followed her to her family's home and then followed her back home?"

"I thought I was doing what was best for us!" Tiffany was pleading her case and becoming nearly hysterical. "If she's out of the picture, then you and I can be together!"

Giovanni sighed obviously annoyed, "I told you years ago that we would never happen. I would never want you as a wife." 

"You're only with her because your father made you marry her! I know so much more about you than that little brat will ever know! I bet she won't even let you touch her, she's probably locked at the knees!" Tiffany's eyes were wild and she was struggling to ignore the pounding in her head. "Admit it Giovanni, she won't let you touch her will she?"

Giovanni allowed himself to smirk, "You'd be surprised." Tiffany looked like she wanted to drop dead right then and there. In Tiffany's mind Giovanni was hers and only hers, she couldn't believe that he would ever have sex with another woman. For the past five years she had been the go-to girl. Whenever he needed to blow off some steam, she was the one that he went to.  

"Now Im only going to say this once," he warned in a menacing tone. "Don't come near my wife again. I'm not going to warn you again, you're out of chances. Do you understand?"

Tiffany scoffed ignoring his question, "She's got you wrapped around her finger doesn't she?"

"I said, do you understand?" Gio clenched his jaw in aggravation. 

"Yes I understand completely," she sneered. "Giuliana is your precious little devoted wife, she sits at home in her big fancy mansion waiting for her husband to come home to her. But she doesn't even know who you really are, does she? She doesn't know what you're capable of doing, she looks at you like you're her knight in shining armor." Tiffany was seething by this point, just the thought of Giovanni and Giuliana together made her blood boil. "Giuliana doesn't know you like I do, I've seen you do horrible things and it never made any difference to me.  What would happen if she knew the real you? Would she still be waiting at home for you?" 

Giovanni quirked his head and narrowed his eyes, "My wife won't ever see me do the things that you've seen me do. I care too much about Giuliana to let that happen."

That statement was the slap in the face that caused Tiffany to breakdown, not that it affected Gio at all. He could have cared less about how she felt. 

"Giovanni you don't mean that," she sobbed attempting to grab onto the front of his black suit but he pushed her away from him. "We've been through so much together and you're just going to throw it all away for that little bitch!"