XXXIV

Blood. There was blood everywhere. It was in his hair, on his clothes, on his face, on his hands, underneath his finger nails, it was everywhere.

Giovanni had orchestrated the largest and most gruesome massacre in New York's history. The Santorelli soldiers and capos that were unfortunate enough to encounter him personally were gutted, disfigured, and left to bleed to death on the side of the road. He was solidifying himself as the most dangerous man on the East Coast. Even Vinnie and Dante were shocked at the level of brutality that existed inside of him. His reputation for being ruthless had been infamous before, now it was legendary. His ability to wear a designer suit and cut a man off at the knees-literally-was bone chilling, to put it mildly.

He didn't stop to think about the way he was going to torture his victims, he just did it. He was a killing machine, anyone that had dared to pledge their loyalty to the Santorelli's had a target on their back.

Giovanni had just finished dismembering a Santorelli soldier, his tenth in two days. Even though he was leaving a bloody trail in his wake, none of the men could tell him the whereabouts of their supposed leader. They either were blinded by their loyalty, which was unlikely, or they truly didn't know where Enzo was hiding out. The more frustrated Gio grew, the more savage he became. Vinnie and Dante were making it a point to avoid him if they could help it, they had never seen him embrace his dark side so much. Dante was keeping an ear to the ground, and reporting back on what he was hearing from the streets, which wasn't much. Vinnie was in communication with the Bellucci Family, they were also leveling attacks and ambushes against Santorelli owned businesses.

"You done?" Dante asked from the doorway. The strong smell of blood and iron hit him in the face right when he opened the door. The floor and walls were coated in blood, and even the ceiling had specks of crimson on it. The man's head lolled to the side with his mouth agape, his eyes were half open and vacant. There was a hole were his tongue should've been, when Dante looked around he found it lying discarded on the floor alongside a serrated knife.

"Yeah." Gio wiped his hands on a towel to no avail, the blood would need to be scrubbed off.

"You going to go see her today?" Dante picked the knife up and used another towel to wipe it clean.

Giovanni nodded.

Dante saw the noticeable dent in the blade of the knife. Dante held it up to Gio, "You do this?"

"The fucker's bones were thicker than I thought," Giovanni said as he glanced towards the lifeless body that was still tied to the metal chair.

"You get anything out of him?"

"No, he didn't know anything either. Enzo's left his men clueless, they're basically sitting ducks." Giovanni cracked his neck from side to side as he and Dante exited the room.

"And you're picking them off," Dante mused.

"He's ready," Giovanni nodded to the men of the cleanup crew. They had been hearing that phrase a lot in the past two days, and had quickly become used to being woken up in the middle of the night to come in and clean up one of Giovanni's interrogations.

"I'm going to take a shower, then I'm going to head out to see her." Dante grabbed the extra suit that he kept on hand and pulled off his shoes, "Try to clean these for me."

Dante picked up the black Oxfords and got to work on wiping off the blood. His position in the family didn't regulate him to doing menial tasks like cleaning shoes, but with the current temperament of his older brother, Dante wasn't going to object. He certainly didn't want to be on the receiving end of Giovanni's anger.