V (Revised)

2 Months Until The Wedding/The Day Of The Engagement Announcement

The Bellucci Mansion was buzzing with anxiousness, the announcement that was made tonight would change the mafia world forever. The coming together of two powerful families had never happened before, it was unheard of. Giuliana sat at her vanity in her bedroom as her long, dark brown hair was curled into soft waves and her makeup was applied. She opted for a more natural look to accentuate her natural beauty.

Her evening gown was a mermaid style, wine colored strapless dress, with ruffles along the bottom. It was sophisticated, and made her look like a woman and not a little girl. She paired it with matching pointed toe pumps, as well as a diamond bracelet and the diamond stud earrings that Giovanni had gifted her four years prior. The party would take place at the country club owned by the Belluccis, the members of either mafia organization were told it was a party to keep ties between the two close. They had no idea how close the Bellucci Family and the Graziano Family would become.

The families arrived in separate limousines as to not give anything away, It was vital that everything go according to the plan that had been engineered by Salvatore, Anthony, and the consiglieres of both Families. The plan was simple; Giovanni would approach Giuliana in full view of everyone, he would then lead her to somewhere private and give her the engagement ring, they would return and inform her father that Giovanni had asked for her hand in marriage, he would be more than happy to consent, and finally Anthony and Salvatore would make the official announcement together. It was simple as it could get, completely foolproof.

Upon entering Briarwood Country Club, the family was greeted like royalty. It was rare that Salvatore allowed his daughters to attend mafia related events, he was a fierce protecter over his three girls. Even though he was forcing his youngest to marry someone she barely knew, he was confident that she would remain safe and out of harms way. His daughters had been threatened on more than one occasion, of course they were unaware. He would rather they be defiant to his rules than live in fear.

"Salvatore! Great party my amico," Anthony came up to greet his counterpart. "You have a beautiful establishment!"

"Thank you Tony," Salvatore retired the handshake. "It had always been a favorite of mine." The two wives began to converse, gushing about each other's dresses. In the midst of the conversations happening around them, Giovanni slyly made his way to stand next to Giuliana. "You look nice tonight Giuliana," he complimented. "Thank you, you do as well," she replied letting her eyes take in his classic black tuxedo and black bow tie. "Do you know what to do?" he leaned down to whisper in her ear. "Yes," she nodded her head as she looked up at him. To the other guests they appeared to be blatantly flirting with their fathers only a mere few feet away.

"I have something for you," he said taking her dainty hand in his and lightly tugging her to follow him. She followed him as women tried to hide their obvious jealously, and men gawked at the youngest Bellucci daughter. Giovanni led her to an outside balcony, where twinkling lights that were decorating the outside area surrounded them. "I've got the ring," he said fishing out the velvet box from his pants pocket. "If you don't like it, I can take you to pick out something else," he handed the box to her and watched her open it. "Oh my God," she gasped as she admired the four carat diamond ring. It was cut in the shape of a rectangle and had small diamonds lining the entire band of the ring. Giovanni took the box from her and placed it on her ring finger. "It looks nice on you," he said letting her hand go. "Thank you Giovanni, I love it! It's perfect!' she beamed.

This was the first time that they had not had a chaperone, so he took the time to admire her remarkable beauty. She had olive-tan skin, long wavy dark hair, wide almond shaped brown eyes. Where her eyes had a twinkle in them, his had grown cold and hard. Where her smile lit up a room, his was reserved for special occasions. They looked like true Sicilians, and even though they were different in many ways they would compliment each other. Philomena had said how she thought they made an attractive couple when next to each other.