Chapter seventeen

Chapter seventeen

"So you're dating Krystal for almost a year?"

Dèjá vu. Kyungsoo laughed bitterly as he watches Jongin staring at him blankly. Jongin wanted to hug Kyungsoo but there's something in him that is stopping him. Something in him that says, he should not.

Yes, Jongin has a girlfriend. And it is Krystal Jung, a member of a girl group produced by SM Entertainment called f(x). They've been in a relationship for almost a year and the other members know about this but not Kyungsoo. And yes, Krystal was the one Jongin's pertaining to when his mom called him. Remember?

Kyungsoo smiled at Jongin with his eyes filled with pain and sadness. But Jongin looked away and dared not to look at the smaller's eyes because if he do, he will make his situation even more harder.

"Why didn't you tell it to me from the very start, Jonginnie? I'm your hyung. We're best of friends, right? But why didn't you tell it to me?"

Kyungsoo joked with a hint of sarcasm but failed when his voice cracked. Kyungsoo chuckled and tapped Jongin's shoulders.

"By the way, I'm happy for you, Jongin."

Kyungsoo's voice cracked up again and he started to laugh forcefully when he felt he's already tearing up. Jongin dared to grab Kyungsoo's arms but Kyungsoo stopped him.

"So much that it hurts."

Kyungsoo whispered making a tear fall down his beautiful face.

"Hyung..."

Jongin was about to give Kyungsoo a hug but then Kyungsoo looked at him with sadness in his eyes.

"Don't."

Kyungsoo couldn't help it but to cry in front of Jongin. He's hurt. He's feeling nothing but pain. He felt betrayed. And he felt lost.

They stayed like that for a minute, still Kyungsoo crying and Jongin watching him cry. He doesn't know why but he is feeling the pain he doesn't want to feel. He's feeling the pain Jongin gives him unintentionally.

"A-are you alright, hyung?"

Jongin asks nervously. Kyungsoo just gave him a warm smile and signalled the okay sign.

"I'm perfectly fine, Jongin."

Kyungsoo turned his back on Jongin and slowly walked away from him. He left Jongin's room and went to his room and there, he cried. He cried and cried until he drove himself to sleep.

Jongin, on the other side, feels nothing but sympathy towards Kyungsoo. He feels sorry for his hyung together with his growing feelings towards him. He's sorry for making him fall for him, he's sorry for making him hope for nothing, he's sorry for hurting him.

When earlier, KaiSoo just confessed to you they were real, it was all just an act. Well, that was their purpose why they're here, right? And when Kyungsoo became dull and lame, he already knew the thing about KaiStal being real.

--