Chapter sixteen

Chapter sixteen

"So... Friends?"

Kyungsoo smiled at you while you just nodded and smiled childishly. Jongin watched you two being okay (finally) after a day or more. Jongin then clapped his hand while watching you two. He thanked the heavens above because the two were finally okay.

"Friends. Yehet!"

You smiled at Kyungsoo then hugged him tightly. You can't believe you two were finally okayㅡ and you thank Jongin so damn much. Because if he didn't convinced Kyungsoo (and if he didn't make him realize everything) this wouldn't happen at all.

"Group hug! Group hug! Group hug!"

Jongin chanted then joined, hugging you and Kyungsoo tightly. Jongin squeezes you both and you saw Jongin kissing Kyungsoo's hair and Kyungsoo just lifted his face on Kyungsoo. You saw Kyungsoo's eyes with sadness and you started to wonder why but you just ignored it. When Kyungsoo looked away, Jongin then looked at Kyungsoo and smiled weakly. Same with Kyungsoo's eyes, she saw sadness in it too.

Is there any problem between the two of them?

You broke the hug and placed your hands on your chin, giving the two a sharp glare. The two were surprised. You then realized their eyes were both puffy. You can see too the dark circles below their eyes, which you assumed they didn't have enough sleep last night. But why so?

"Something's wrong with you two. I can clearly see it."

Both Jongin and Kyungsoo were surprised with your words. The two glanced at each other and shook their heads being so defensive.

"Don't worry, saeng. We're fine with each other."

Jongin smiled and held Kyungsoo's waist, pulling him closer to his embrace. Kyungsoo then smiled after and just pat your head lightly.

You sat on the couch beside the couch where they were sitting, still not letting go of each other's touch. Kyungsoo and Jongin's intense looks at each other really bothers you a lot. Like a lot.

Their intensive acts really bothers you even more. Why so suddenly they became clingy than before? Then suddenly, you became suspicious. But still, you keep your hopes up, still hoping they are not doing this just because of the fanservice thing, but because of the thing called love. You want to prove everybody that KaiSoo really is real, that their sweet moments and interactions were real and indeed true, not just because SM nor Kim Youngmin told them so. You hoped. You're hoping. And will forever be hoping-- even when you die.

"Oppa can I be straight forward? I just wanna ask you a question. Hope you two won't get mad at me. Hehe."

You asked cheerfully to the two making them nod.

"Is KaiSoo really.... real?"

Your question made the two stop for a moment. The two locked each other's gaze before answering, Jongin held Kyungsoo's hands and kissed the back of his palm and ran it on his cheeks, still locking each other's gaze. They both smiled when you noticed Kyungsoo was already tearing up while Jongin gave him a sorry look. You knew it, something's not fine going on here.

"What if KaiSoo really ain't real?"

Jongin joked and you felt a sting on your heartㅡ and so does Kyungsoo's. Jongin did too. Just by the thought of KaiSoo being not real makes you wanna tear up already.

You gave Jongin a warm look while your smile was fading away that made flinch for a second.

"A-ah, I mean, of course! I-i love Kyungsoo hyung, so much. But we just can't admit our relationship to the media just because of the people around u-us."

Jongin lay.. Yes. Yet you're left clueless about it. But aren't you, really? Then again, your hopes were up again. Jongin just said the magical word and you felt nothing but fulfilness. You just felt you could die already because of the happiness, mixed up with hurt and burden.

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo just hugged him tightly, as if there's no tomorrow. He hugged him by his neck and Kyungsoo doesn't know, a tear suddenly escaped in his eyes. Thank goodness, his back was facing you so you won't be able to see his crying face.

"A-aigoo. Y-you're so sweet my Jonginnie~ I-i love you."

Kyungsoo's voice cracked. You noticed he was crying because of his voice. Then you suddenly widened your eyes.

"Oppa, are you crying?!"

Jongin just hugged Kyungsoo back, tightly. He just smiled at you and then kissed Kyungsoo's hair.

"I-i love you too, hyung."

Kyungsoo didn't responded yet you heard continuous sound of sobs from him. Jongin knew he was crying yet he didn't want him to feel pain anymore. He knows their situation right now really pains Kyungsoo so much. So much that it really, really hurts.

Kyungsoo then faced you and wiped his tears using his sleeves. He laughed weakly and shook his head, still hugging Jongin tightly.

"I'm just happy, Jongin loves me too."

Then Kyungsoo continued to cry but then Jongin laughed intensely and caressed Kyungsoo's back and while kissing his hair, refraining him to cry. But Kyungsoo just continued to cry. And he doesn't know why it hurts.

--

NOTE: Let's refrain ourselves from the intense part of the story, shall we? This would be the scoop or the highlight of the main story. I guess it just started or maybe we're already in the middle of the storyline? ㅋㅋㅋ By the way, what did you noticed to about this chapter? Lol.

Thanks to the song What brings me to you by Ann Bai for making this chapter a (not so) drama one. It makes me emotional. I'm tearing up ;-;