Chapter 53

Masha

I don't know how long I've been running. It's probably just an hour or two but it felt more longer than that. I don't know what to think. There's a nagging feeling within me urging me to run faster. Louis needs me.

But still, I feel guilty leaving Toni on his own. I might be pregnant and kinda feel weak now but I'm still capable of defending myself.

Panting, and internally fuming I turn left ready to take the shortcut path but stumble on my feet when I saw someone standing there.

I fell. And curse how unlucky I've been this year.

Just thinking what we've been through is enough to fuel my growing irritation. Jumping on my feet, I look at the person in front of me and glare.

"Who the hell are you??!!"

________________________

Louis

"Do you really think that with your pathetic number, you could win against me?!"

His voice is like a thunder, shaking me until my wolf feels the fear.

I remembered how we fought.

I remembered how confident I am when I realized that we outnumbered them.

But I also remember how he fight us, with him alone he killed more than half of my warriors. I also remember the anguished I always felt every single time he cut down my pack mates. Until few of us was left. I am Alpha but the wolf in front of me is more than just any normal Alpha. He was once known as King. But I only knew him as a legend. Because after the Black War he never appeared again.

So why he's here now?

And with our Enemy's side nonetheless?

I am kneeling in front of him. My pack mates behind me. Our hand and feet are in shackles. We were silent. And I, as their alpha is ashamed of my own weakness.

I can't even lift my own head.

I can't fight the pressure he is emitting.

I'm like a weak child cowering, totally afraid.

Pathetic....

"Where's the human boy?!"

I stop breathing. Masha. They're here because of Masha.

"He's not here, Alpha King."

"Why don't I know of this?!"

I'm confused. Suddenly the fear was gone, but my mind is in shambles. Why are they searching for Masha? What the Alpha King needs from my mate?

"We can't help it, Alpha King. We arrived late. And we have a hard time locating him."

The Alpha King growled echo throughout the open field reaching all over the forest, disturbing the peace and silence.

"Bring him to me. No matter what the cost."

"As you wish My King.."

I can't hold it in. Totally disregarding everything, I push my body upward but because of the bindings in my hand and feet I fell. But it didn't stop my wolf, I can feel it reaching out, wanting to take control and I let it but it was then that I felt an excruciating pain that almost burn my entire being.

I heard the Alpha King laugh. His tone full of mockery. "Did you really think you can defy your King. In my eyes you're just a pup. A small insignificant pup. Weak and powerless."

I fought the pain, and give him an answering growl. "I don't care if you are King. I'm not afraid of you. You're not permitted to harm Masha. I will kill you if you hurt my mate!!!!!"

I knew it's coming but it didn't deter my wolf. He wanted to take a swing at me. Then suddenly, something happen. I don't know how I did it but before I knew it I'm already free from my bindings. My wolf was in control. My nails and hands partially transformed into a wolf and it directly pierced the unknown man's chest. That man just save his King on time, because if he didn't push the bastard I would have stab the mother fucker to death!!!

I would have laugh when I saw the Alpha King's face but two buff Alpha wolf jump at me. I started snarling, growling and biting any part of their body I could get hold off but when I heard a familiar voice, I froze.

No, no, impossible.

I can hardly raise my head to look but when I heard a painful yell, my neck almost broke when I force my head to move.

But what I saw confirm my greatest fear.

Masha...

Why he's here???!!!!!

*******************************

Andrei clicked his tongue in annoyance. He's late. The fucking Alpha King is a step ahead of him. But it doesn't matter. Three hundred years ago, he won against him. He can do it again. Masha is somehow connected to him. Now, that he can finally see him in flesh he's sure that they are related.

"If I didn't knew you're already a thousand years old, I would really think that you were twins.."

Andrei just laugh. "You're flattering me."

Well he's not wrong about that. He and Masha had an uncanny resemblance with each other. Aside from their hairstyle everything else is the same, but Andrei's eyes shook when he looked at Masha's belly.

It's the same...

The same as him before..

He suddenly found himself sorrounded by painful crying. Loud angry shouts. And if not with Rayne's shaking him, he probably had drowned from the memories he didn't want to be reminded of.

"Ha."

"Ha. Ha."

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha."

Andrei laugh. But he's very far from being joyous. And Rayne felt a chill. But a sudden rise of temperature, let him yelp in pain. Running like a scared bunny he hid himself very far from Andrei, and started shaking from fear when he saw how murderous Andrei looked.

A group of Alpha King's warriors had felt their presence already, but they didn't even get a chance to relay a message that there's invader when they're bodies burnt in a matter of seconds turning everything in ashes.. Not leaving anything behind.

Rayne's fear skyrocket. He knew that whoever Andrei wished to kill no one would be able to stop him...

________________________